View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Is FlashDevelop dead? 

Although nightly builds are still getting made, there hasn't been an official application update in nearly a year, and the SDK version available from the "Install Software" menu hasn't been updated since AIR 29. Is FlashDevelop officially dead?

Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Is is still under development as you noticed, but it lacks of some extra help of users updating such sdk's.

You can help out here if you want https://github.com/fdorg/flashdevelop

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am
Profile WWW

Almost 16 months since the last stable release. Android 64 bit sdk is just about ready. Really enjoyed FD, but can someone with better knowledge of FD please let us know if it's time to move on? Thx.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi,

we are still using FlashDevelop for our apps, I don't see a reason to change that anytime soon. The IDE feels lightweight and complete. We use it for both AS3 and Haxe development. You can actually add Air SDK versions yourself by editing the files located here: %USER%\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Settings\Platforms\AS3

Then just download the latest SDK from Adobe or Harman, put them somewhere and go to Project->Properties->SDK and click Manage to add the new SDK. I don't see how this would change with Air 64 Bits for Android. As long as you are happy with FlashDevelop and it does the job, why would you change to a different IDE?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:20 am

Verminex - http://comprar-xtrazex.info/verminex.html. Anualmente, aproximadamente 50 millones de personas mueren como resultado de invasiones parasitarias. Los parasitos estan progresando rapidamente, destruyendo el trabajo de los organos. En su mayoria afectan la region del intestino, el cerebro, el sistema respiratorio, pero causan dano a todo el cuerpo.

Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:12 am
Profile WWW

One thing I can say is that I've been using this with Haxe/2dKit steadily, but the latest disaster of a Windows 10 update seems to have broken all of the FlashDevelop connections to my haxe code. No tab compleitons, build doesn't output anything, no nothing. Anyone else having any haxe-related issues since this latest broken windows 10 update?

(it goes without saying, but that isn't my only issue with the update)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:14 pm

SavedByZero wrote:
One thing I can say is that I've been using this with Haxe/2dKit steadily, but the latest disaster of a Windows 10 update seems to have broken all of the FlashDevelop connections to my haxe code. No tab compleitons, build doesn't output anything, no nothing. Anyone else having any haxe-related issues since this latest broken windows 10 update?

Okay, weirdly, a full reinstall of the same version fixed this issue. Anyone dealing with the recent Windows 10 upgrade angst, try this.

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]