Installing / Upgrading
- Flash Player 10.1+ ActiveX runtime (required by the browser control) Flash Player Download
- TortoiseSVN or TortoiseGit (required if using the source control) Download: TortoiseSVN, TortoiseGit
- Java 1.6+ 32-bit runtime (JRE) (required if using the Flex SDK) Flex SDK Download
Grab the latest release from the Releases page and follow the installer instructions to install FlashDevelop and selected tools on you computer. After the installation, FlashDevelop automaticly configures the selected tools or you can manually configure the tools as described in the Configuration page. If you have problems, you can ask for help from the community forums.
Clean install removes all traces of the program and reinstalls it. Here's how to do it:
- Backup your syntax files, snippets, file templates and project templates (if customized *).
- Uninstall FlashDevelop with settings, this is an option in the uninstaller.
- Install the new FlashDevelop release in normal mode to your program files.
- Restore your syntax files, snippets, file templates and project templates (if customized *).
(*) Check the notes to customizers on the release notes for files that may need special attention.
Upgrading happens just by installing the new version on top of the old version. Previous versions before the FlashDevelop 4.0.0 Beta release needs to be uninstalled fully. If something seems broken, you may need to completely remove old configuration files in your user local application data. See Configuration page for locating these files.
- Install Flex SDK: Downloads and install the latest Flex SDK with FlashDevelop.
- Install AIR SDK: Downloads and install the latest AIR SDK for Flex SDK with FlashDevelop.
- Install AIR SDK (ASC2): Downloads and install the latest AIR SDK with ASC 2.0 compiler with FlashDevelop.
- Install Flash Player: Downloads and install the latest standalone Flash Player with FlashDevelop.
- Install JS Compiler: Downloads and install the latest Google Closure compiler with FlashDevelop.
- Desktop Shortcut: Adds a FlashDevelop shortcut to the desktop.
- Quick Launch Item: Adds a FlashDevelop shortcut to the Quick Launch Toolbar.
- Start Menu Group: Add a start menu group for the default FlashDevelop shortcuts.
- Registry Modifications: Adds the uninstall information to the Add/Remove Programs control panel in Windows in order to cleanly uninstall the program later, if desired. It will also associate FlashDevelop-specific file types with FlashDevelop (so you can open them by double-clicking), but it will not change the associations for any Flash native filetypes such as .fla or .as.
- Standalone/Portable: Installs a flag file (".local") to the application directory to instruct FlashDevelop use only local setting files.
- Multi Instance Mode: Installs a flag file (".multi") to the application directory to run FlashDevelop in multi instance mode. WARNING: Settings across instances do not work properly.
Associated file types
- Project Files (*.fdp, *.fdproj, *.hxproj, *.as2proj, *.as3proj)
- Documentation Project Files (*.docproj)
- UI Theme Files (*.fdi)
- Argument Files (*.fda)
- Template Files (*.fdt)
- Binary Files (*.fdb)
- Layout Files (*.fdl)
- Macro Files (*.fdm)
- Zip Files (*.fdz)