View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
FlashDevelop Version 5.3.3.1 Perpetual Debug Error. 

I did the proper installation sequence and yet the debug feature is still broken.

Installation process [from a freshly installed OS]:

Step 1:
Install "jdk-6u45-windows-i586".

Step 2:
Install FlashDevelop.

Step 3:
Link to Folder "flex_sdk_4.6" under program settings...

Step 4:
Link to flashplayer_32_sa_debug under program settings...

Now here is the error:
Create new project->AS3 Project.
Press F5 to test project.

The projector runs, even trace comment works !
BUT you see all these under output:

Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\GG\Desktop\New Project\New Project.as3proj" -ipc 2d8df1e4-cd6a-4330-afdc-0c18395eaa45 -version "4.6.0; 3.1" -compiler "C:\flex_sdk_4.6" -library "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library"
Building New Project
mxmlc -load-config+=obj\NewProjectConfig.xml -debug=true -incremental=true -swf-version=36 -o obj\NewProject636950861504904027
Starting java as: java -Xmx384m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true -Dapplication.home="C:\flex_sdk_4.6" -jar "C:\flex_sdk_4.6\lib\fcsh.jar"
INITIALIZING: Adobe Flex Compiler SHell (fcsh)
Starting new compile.
Loading configuration file C:\flex_sdk_4.6\frameworks\flex-config.xml
Loading configuration file C:\Users\GG\Desktop\New Project\obj\NewProjectConfig.xml
obj\NewProject636950861504904027 (873 bytes)
(fcsh)Build succeeded
Done(0)
Debugger startup error. For troubleshooting see: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/in ... itle=F.A.Q
Error details: net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIException: Can't load java class for flash.tools.debugger.concrete.DValue_ from classLoader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@757aef ---> java.lang.LinkageError: flash/tools/debugger/concrete/DValue_ : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIEnv.ExceptionTest()
at net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIEnv.CallObjectMethodPtr(IJvmProxy obj, MethodId methodIdNative, Value[] args)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(String par0)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.LoadClass(String name, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.LoadClass(String name, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterClass(RegistryRecord record, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.BindJvm(RegistryRecord record, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.BindJvm(RegistryRecord record, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterType(Type type, Boolean bindJVM, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly, Boolean bindJVM)
at net.sf.jni4net.Bridge.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly)
at FlashDebugger.DebuggerManager.Start(Boolean alwaysStart)
[Capturing traces with FDB]

Since project start as normal and trace comment works, you would thought one can just ignore this.
Press F5 to test movie again and you see a dialog pops up saying "Error: Internal Debugger Exception !!!"
The only way to fix this is to close and restart FlashDevelop.

Having to close and re-open Flash develop just to debug test a program is retarded.
What can I do on my side to stop this ?

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:58 am

I am most likely not the best person to help you, but there is not the level of support from the community that long made this such a productive place, and I can at least get you started with some trouble-shooting suggestions.

01. You did not say, and maybe it no longer needs to be said, but are you working with Windows 7 or Windows 10?

02. I am going to assume Windows 10, until you tell me otherwise.

03. There are challenges in getting the right Java configuration because the Java world has moved so far along, but we have a dependency on an older version of Java. You say that you have installed jdk-6u45. I believe that is what I used for many years -- many years during which I could dual-boot Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I am pretty certain that when I reconfigured for Windows 10-only, JDK6 would no longer play nicely with the versions of FD in the 4.x and 5.x range. While I still have a JDK6 available, that is not the one pointed to by the java.home setting in the jvm.config file which you will find in the bin directory. I am currently [still very active, many hours per day] getting good results pointing to the version 7 JRE. And, I have a vague recollection that when I was having symptoms similar to the ones you are asserting, it was necessary to make the version 6 to version 7 upgrade to make things work properly.

04. That said, you would naturally ask where to get what you need, so I've just pulled up this URL:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html
to see if I can recall exactly what I downloaded and installed. I think this archived version is what I used:
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html

I can't promise this will fix your problems, but it can't hurt. If you have no need for the current JDK/JRE [version 12], having multiple directories with multiple versions of the Java world just requires that you properly set up any environment variables or other configurations parameters to point to the right place. If, on the other hand, you have other software engineering activities, requiring a more robust Java toolchain, it is possible to break those applications/utilities by having JAVA_HOME conflicts, as I am sure you would be well aware.

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:43 am

Hi I am using Windows 7.
There are just too many downloads on: https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java ... 21261.html

Can you give me the EXACT file to download please ?

Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Sorry, Jeffry, I have not been monitoring this site, but have been, of course, watching the flurry of announcement relative to Adobe-Harmon and the AIR SDK.

Clicking on the link I gave you above, I get to a very manageable list of alternatives, of which you really only need to choose between the two Windows versions shown at the bottom. For Windows 7. either should work -- the 32-bit one called Windows x86 should be fine.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:17 am

There are just too many files there :-(
Is the 64 bit even working for FlashDevelop ?
A direct link to the actual file would be appreciated.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:57 am

I downloaded the correct version thanks to you, it works !
Thanks !

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]