View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Does it only support ActionScript in Flash? 

Ok, so it lets me compile ActionScript for Flash, based on what I've read about it. What about other Flash features that are normally part of an SWF file; like bitmap images, vector images, sprites, frames, and sounds? I've not read anything online about FlashDevelop, which would suggest it supports these other features of Flash (which are ESSENTIAL to even the most basic Flash applets). If FlashDevelop doesn't support these other features of Flash, then it's basically useless.

In much the same way that Gimp is an open source alternative to Photoshop (and it duplicates almost every function of Photoshop, but just puts them in different locations in the interface than Photoshop), I'm looking for an open source (or even closed source freeware) program that duplicates almost every function of Adobe Flash Professional. I don't have enough money to shell out for Adobe's product, so I'm looking for a free alternative.

And don't ask me to "download it to see for myself". I've not yet downloaded it, because I don't want to waste my time and harddrive space with software that won't work. The answer to the question "does it support more than just actionscript" will determine whether or not I download it.

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 am

I am very new to Flash Develop, but since it can use the Adobe compiler, i am sure it has all the features you are looking for.
Without Bitmaps, etc, it would be of course useless.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]