View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Jangaroo integration 

Hi!
At one point I heard rumors of a possible integration of Jangaroo intro FD. I was wondering if there are plans to do such integration and any comments on the subject- should I look for a different IDE for my Jangaroo projects, basically.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:24 pm
Admin

It already technically works but it's not yet seamlessly integrated:
https://github.com/fwienber/jumper

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Philippe, I had found that same project template after doing some more research. I was going to update the thread and post the link.
I have to say that it does work!
Is there no way for the project to be rendered in flash as well? without having to create a new project, I mean.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:08 pm
Admin

Jangaroo isn't meant to target Flash, in general it's about writing JS code in AS3, and completely optionally use a Flash-like display list.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:57 pm
Profile WWW

Don't you think that there should be a Jangaroo project template integrated in FlashDevelop? After all it is an open source solution to flash, much like haXe...

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Admin

I'm still very much interested in Jangaroo but have lacked time to look back into it.

Jangaroo would be worth it's own section I guess: with a Flash-like template (https://github.com/fwienber/jooflash-fd-project) and a "raw JS" one (without the display-list implementation).

But I'd like to see if we can avoid the maven dependency which isn't in FD philosophy (ie. dragging a frustratingly rigid, heavy and slow build system) - last time I checked it was technically possible to compile without maven but the output was missing the JS dependencies (like jooFlash impl) which have to be extracted from the JARs.

Additionally, Jangaroo APIs are still evolving very much (I know they are currently working on reproducing display-list event bubbling) and FD templates would need regular updates of the API JARs - so I think a first step would be to create git/svn repos with the templates and to suggest cloning (and updating) them in FD templates directory.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]