View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Imported AIR Project Debugging Problems 

I have an existing AIR application written using Flash Builder 3 that I have imported into FlashDevelop.

I have changed a number of the default settings to get the project to compile and I have setup a flex 3.5/Air 2 SDK to compile and run the project against.

When I try to test the application I now get an IO error waiting to connect to the debugger.

I created a new AS3 project in FlashDevelop and tried copying all of the settings over into my setup, it basically looked like there was a pre-build task kill: taskkill /f /fi "IMAGENAME eq adl.exe", and then a custom test movie command: $(FlexSDK)\bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin

I have placed my output below:
Quote:
Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe "C:\Users\Dan\Documents\FlashDevelop\IncidentSmart\IncidentSmart.as3proj" -ipc 8672847f-0304-4d8d-a89f-9a238fe0ab98 -compiler "C:\FlashSDK\flex_sdk_3.5.0.12683" -library "C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library"
Using the Flex Compiler Shell.
Building IncidentSmart
Running Pre-Build Command Line...
cmd: taskkill /f /fi "IMAGENAME eq adl.exe"

INFO: No tasks running with the specified criteria.
mxmlc -load-config+=obj\IncidentSmartConfig.xml -debug=true -incremental=true -accessible=true -benchmark=false -static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true -locale=en_US +configname=air -o obj\IncidentSmart634177155942729064
INITIALIZING: Adobe Flex Compiler SHell (fcsh)
Starting new compile.
Loading configuration file C:\FlashSDK\flex_sdk_3.5.0.12683\frameworks\air-config.xml
Loading configuration file C:\Users\Dan\Documents\FlashDevelop\IncidentSmart\obj\IncidentSmartConfig.xml
obj\IncidentSmart634177155942729064 (1626568 bytes)
(fcsh)Build succeeded
Done(0)

Figured it would also be useful to know that I am running windows 7 64 bit.

As a side note, should I copy the .bat files that are in a new AIR project into my project? Seems that the import from FB3 to flashdevelop needs a bit of a manual massaging.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:18 pm

I noticed a command windows coming up when trying to run the application through flexdevelop. I ran "adl.exe IncidentSmart.swf" and I came up with the following error:
Quote:
invalid application descriptor: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

Just wanted to post, going to look around for the reason for that error now.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:13 pm

As I keep digging I am thinking that there is an issue cause by FlexBuilder setting the default descriptor as

{$ProjectName}-app.xml in the src directory, and the <content></content> block in the descriptor is auto-generated.

I have copied my IncidentSmart-app.xml file to application.xml in the root directory of my project, and have changed the blank content block to IncidentSmart.swf

I am still not able to connect to the debugger and am getting an error of Application Descriptor Not Found. Which I think is an improvement, over my past situation.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 pm
Admin

Flex AIR project import has problems for sure.

Firstly this is the right command:
$(FlexSDK)\bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin

But you must modify it according to your project's app descriptor file and output directory.

Also important: FD does not copy runtime assets in your /bin directory automatically (neither does it process the /template files).

You'll want to copy (and adapt) the Batch files when you'll want to package the AIR application for distribution.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]