View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
FlexDbg - Debugger Plugin for FlashDevelop 

Hi!

I am trying to use this debugger but can't get any of my breakpoints to fire. I see the Red Dot in the document, but there is nothing listed in the breakpoint window. I am running the app through: Debug->Start. The flash player comes up, but it doesn't hit any break points. I am able to pause the app manually through: Debug->Pause. I can even do "Run to Cursor Line" and that works as expected.

Sounds like people had some similar issues earlier in the thread, but none of their ideas worked for me. Any ideas on where I can look to try and sort this out? I am very new to Flash Develop, so I might be missing something really basic here.

I am using:

Flash Develop 3.0.4 RTM
FlexDbg 9.7.0

Thanks! Really looking forward to being able to debug!!

Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:39 am
Profile WWW

- Make sure you use the *DEBUG* flash player
- Try using the SVN version of FlashDevelop (built it yourself, it's easy).

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 pm

aaulia wrote:
- Make sure you use the *DEBUG* flash player
- Try using the SVN version of FlashDevelop (built it yourself, it's easy).

Thanks for the ideas, but I wonder: does the fact that I can pause the debugger, and run to cursor, mean that neither of these are probably an issue?

Thanks!

Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm
Profile WWW

Hi

Of course, FlexDbg is awesome work!

what is the latest version of it?

and what about the future plans/features which (rnelson) talked about?

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:32 am

very nice ! the code can finally run on least fd version !

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm stoked to see a debugger is still in progress (and not still.)

Gave it a shot yesterday with an AS2 project and it was a no-go. Next step is to try a nightly build, but wanted to know if debugging supports AS2 before I go down that path.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

I recon it doesn't and probably will not work with AS2...

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:53 pm

I had a lot of issues with this plugin before where I was unable to step through code and had to often restart FlashDevelop. I just tried the latest fork by Philippe and it's working really well with very few issues.

This plugin should be included with FlashDevelop or at least put in a more obvious place than in this thread. The plugins page on the main FlashDevelop site is outdated and this is the only place that links to Phillipe's version.

What are the future plans for this plugin or integrating more debugging with FlashDevelop? I wish I had time to help with developing this plugin because it was really the only thing missing in FlashDevelop for me.

Thanks for all the great work.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm

Sad that breakpoints collumn blocks bookmarks collumn.

[url=http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8872]Interface: concept[/url]. My Little Plugins: [url=http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7807][FD3][FD4]MSVS style comments 0.2[/url], [url=http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8886][FD4]AutohideMenu[/url].

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:58 pm

giulianob wrote:
The plugins page on the main FlashDevelop site is outdated and this is the only place that links to Phillipe's version.

Whenever I get a free chance I try to update the page with any news I see here. Anyone is welcome to assist in adding links & keeping it up-to-date. In general, I'd appreciate more community members getting involved by contributing to the Wiki.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm
Profile WWW

Hello
I have very interested exception:
Quote:
Exception of type Flash.Tools.Debugger.InProgressException was throw

i don't know why it happened...

my OS: XP
Flex 4 SDK
FP 10 Debug
FD 3

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:45 pm

If somebody have same error i fix it

please contact with me by pp

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi,

I've managed to debug AS3 projects using FlexDbg but unfortunately always failed on haXe projects.

My question is:

1. Does haXe is supported by FlexDbg?

2. If it does, has anybody ever success in debugging haXe project?
Because every time I click the start debug button, the flash content debugger won't show up.
And I can not click the stop debug button since it's disabled, I've to restart FlashDevelop.
But if I click the normal start button (without debug), the flash content debugger will show up.

3. If it doesn't support, is there anyway to debug haXe project that targeting AS3?

Additional question:
1. How can I debug AS3 Projects using the browser (without using standalone flash content debugger)?

My SysInfo:
FlashDevelop 3.0.6 RTM
FlexDbg 0.9.7
Flash Player 10.0.0.45.2 Debug version
Flex SDK 3.4.1.10084
JDK/JRE 1.6u8
Windows 7

Thanks in advance,

Terry.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi,

I desperately need this plugin working as everybody else, but in my case, I really need just the basic features working. This means that I don't really need conditional breakpoints and fancy stuff, I'd just like to see the basic things work properly.

Currently with the latest version of the plugin and the latest FD I have the following major issues:

- The breakpoints are always saved even if I don't want them to be saved
- I can't delete the list of breakpoints, everytime I restart FD they are there
- I can't delete the breakpoints through the breakpoints panel, I need to use the delete all breakpoints under debug menu, but it doesn't work properly
- often invalid breakpoints are saved (with a negative code line) making fd crash continuously
- the debugger decided now to stop working: I start the debugger, but the flash window never pop-up
- the plugin messes up the FD flash view when this is set as external (if I start the debugger, then I stop it, the I start the normal execution through the external viewer, the flash window appears behind the FD window and I need to close FD to see the flash player window)
- I'd like to have the keyboard shortcuts for step-in step-out and step-over instead just step over

I left my 2 cents in case somebody is still developing this vital plugin.

thank you very much for you hard work in every case.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 am

Just wan't to add my 2c also :)

Lately I found this plugin to be indispensable for me, since trace is no longer enough for me. The plugin itself is working (mostly), and personaly I have no problem with breakpoint like nlg3D said. What bug me though :

• If the plugin is active, there are 2 "run" button, which is not compatible to each other, if I used one, and then use the other in one session, the flash player won't came up. There should be ways that when the plugin active it would override the default run ?
  • Short cut for stepping

Thats it actually, TBH all in all, FD have become pretty stable lately, why not direct the effort for this plugin ? Since CMIIW this plugin is one big missing piece for FD to become a complete IDE.

jm2c

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next