View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
[FD3][FD4]OpenTheDoc 3.0 & TocGen 1.0 

I am sorry, I forgot to tell you that you have to restart FD after editing TOC file.
This works for me. :)

Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

hmm this is strange :( still doesn't work for me with haxe files - with normal as3 eeverything' ok.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:13 pm

To me this is not wokring, is see the panell contracet at its minimal size, and there is no way to resize it.
win7, FD 3.0.6 OTD 2.2

Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 pm

@cpucpu
That's weird. I am using FD3.0.6 with OTD2.2 in Win7 too, but OTD works fine for me.
Dose it work when it is not docking into (floating on) FD?
It's better to make it float on FD than dock into FD, you can use [Shift+F1] to show/hide Help panel.

Try this:
Make Help panel float on FD, restart FD, and then dock the panel into FD.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 am

Sorry but doesn't really matter where it's placed when docked, or if floating. Tried what you said, the same.

Besides sometimes i receive errors when playling with it. For instance when i do the first F1 of any session over a known element:
Code:
Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.

en OpenTheDoc.PluginUI.SaveContentTreeState(DockContent dc)
   en OpenTheDoc.PluginUI.dockPanel_ActiveDocumentChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.OnActiveDocumentChanged(EventArgs e)
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.FocusManagerImpl.RefreshActiveWindow()
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.FocusManagerImpl.ResumeFocusTracking()
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockPanel.ResumeLayout(Boolean performLayout, Boolean allWindows)
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockContentHandler.Show(DockPanel dockPanel, DockState dockState)
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockContentHandler.Show(DockPanel dockPanel)
   en WeifenLuo.WinFormsUI.Docking.DockContent.Show(DockPanel dockPanel)
   en OpenTheDoc.PluginUI.CreateDockContent(String url)
   en OpenTheDoc.PluginUI.OpenUrl(String url, Boolean newTab)
   en OpenTheDoc.PluginMain.OpenHelpPanel(String url, Boolean newTab)
   en OpenTheDoc.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
   en PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:29 pm

@cpucpu
The bug in SaveContentTreeState may be fixed in the dev version (r19), I should metion this in the first post. download.

And there are not enough clues to find out what causes the problem of the size of the dock panel. :(

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:19 am

Can't i specify a custom tab size? in the .dll source

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 am

@cpucpu
You can find the init code of the DockPanel in PluginUI.cs, line 415:
Code:
this.dockPanel = new DockPanel();
//this.dockPanel.TabIndex = 2;
this.dockPanel.DocumentStyle = DocumentStyle.DockingWindow;
this.dockPanel.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
this.dockPanel.Name = "dockPanel";

It should fill the container by being set "dockPanel.Dock" to "DockStyle.Fill".
You could set the size or change values of properties here.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:17 am

hi. im begineer. Now im have this problem too (cant see resized window in help topics).
upd! but R19 dev revision work fine!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 pm

@krokodil111
You mean R17 has the problem while R19 works fine?
Maybe the bug (fixed in R19) causes the problem?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:09 am

I'm tryingto use OpenTheDoc for display Flash Builder 4's help. In Flash Builder 4 the help files have been moved into Adobe Community Help application, they don't have a toc.xml now.
I've used tocgen and was able to generate a TOC for the Flex help that was located in %appdata%/chc.blahblahblah
This is where Adobe Community Help (an AIR app) puts the downloaded help files.
The TOC is displayed fine, but for some reason, many of the Flex's help pages hang when opening. E.g. if I open help on mx.controls.Button, it displays the Button page's header and that's all, status bar says "opening page .../Button.html" and nothing else happens. Other pages display fine, e.g. mx.controls.ButtonLabelPlacement. Seems it can't display these components that have Events and/or Styles and/or Effects. Pages from Flash CS3 AS3 Language reference display fine. Or maybe this isn't the reason. I've tried opening the URL (file:///C:/Documents and Settings/root/Application Data/chc.4875E02D9FB21EE389F73B8D1702B320485DF8CE.1/Local Store/Help/en_US/AS3LCR/Flex_4.0/mx/controls/Button.html ) in MSIE and it displays just the header as well, the statusbar tells the page has an error ("invalid character"). I've checked the html and don't see anything immediately wrong with it, Seamonkey displays the page fine. I dunno what to do, seems it's not OpenTheDoc's bug or smth, just IE can't display these pages for some reason... Any ideas?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:53 am

@heilong
I haven't Flash Builder, so I can't use Adobe Community Help to download the help files.
But I used this one: http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_flex4_alldocumentation_en
It contains some pdfs (we don't need) and a zip file named AS3_Reference.zip,
unzip it to a folder and generate a TOC for it, this works for me.

If you find there is something wrong with scrolling on these pages,
here is a work around:
Open style.css in that folder, go to line 1382, and change
Code:
div.mainright  {
   height:100%;
   overflow-y:auto;
   bottom:0px;
   left:6px;
   top:0px;
   right:0px;
   position:absolute;
}

to
Code:
div.mainright  {
   height:100%;
   /* overflow-y:auto; */
   bottom:0px;
   left:6px;
   top:0px;
   right:0px;
   position:absolute;
}

Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:03 am

@ordinaryj

Thanks for the info. The docs I've downloaded using your link work fine. These are Flex 4.0 docs. There seems to be something wrong with the Flex 4.1 docs downloaded from Adobe Community Help. The 4.1 docs don't quite work even in plain IE (can't open docs on any of the mx.controls, for example). Will have to use 4.0 docs, then...

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Congratulations, this is one of the most useful IDE integrated documentation viewers ever IMHO.. :)

I have only one minor suggestion that should be easy enough to implement, while adding great value: add a way to open a new tab arbitrarily.

Right now if one wants multiple tabs (I use it as a quick bookmarking system), one has to ctrl-F1 on a statement a bunch of times to open several tabs, then select each tab, and then click on the TOC to select the document to be viewed.

It would be way more useful if a) there was an "Add Tab" button on top (maybe a plus sign besides the rightmost tab?), and/or b) if when ctrl-clicking a documentation link it would open on a new tab (a la FF/Chrome/etc).

Another nice feature it could have, although I guess a bit more tricky to implement, would be to allow the context sensitive F1 shortcut to work also on keywords of custom classes, linking to custom documentation (previously added through the DocsPaths variable).
I bet there are ambiguity and other issues to deal with, but this is just a suggestion on how to improve an already great solution! :)

Cheers

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:56 am

Hi brinca, thanks for loving it!! 8)

About tabs, OK, let me complete all the tab functions (like those in FD), in September (maybe with other new features).

About docs of custom classes: OpenTheDoc supports all documentations generated by the ASDoc tool, even those without TOC file.
So as long as an item -- something like MyClass.myMethod() -- is known by FD, OpenTheDoc will open the right doc for you.
Or can you discribe it in more detail? (some example?)

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next