View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
FDTracer and the latest dev.build 

Hi, guys.
Smth wrong with FDTracer?
I've tried sequentially several dev.build and was getting strange popups on every attempt:
Quote:
Unable to cast object of type 'PluginCore.TextEvent' to type 'PluginCore.DataEvent'.

at FDTracer.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

To reproduce it just open any .as file and click Ctrl+S to save changes.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:10 am
Admin

We changed an event type to another and this broke it. The FDTrace plugin needs to be build against the new code. I'll let the plugin dev know.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:27 pm
Profile WWW

Mika. thanx a lot. btw, one more question plz. why don't you put FDTracer in main distro of FD? i suppose many of us use it to monitor flash player logs (to catch output from browsers, for example).

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:41 pm
Admin

Possible but we need to think about it. :) I couldn't find Andrew's email from anywhere to let him know of this.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:57 pm
Profile WWW

here it is:
http://www.andrewlucking.com/archives/2 ... shdevelop/

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks to TimTeka for tracking me down. Fixing this is now on my list of TODOs for tomorrow, but may slip a day or two :wink:

The question to merge a plugin into trunk is always a bit of a debate, and rightly so. In the case of one that overlaps with default functionality you run the risk of creating software that suffers from multiple personality disorder. I'm a fan of FlashDevelop and would rather not see it turn into another Eclipse :)

All that said... like everyone else, I'm a busy guy and need to rely on the people on the bleeding edge, (like you TimTeka), who run dev builds to let me know something needs fixing.

Cheers,
A.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm, I'm having trouble reproducing this error...

Mika, any advice on changes I should make to the following code block found within the HandleEvent method of the plugin's PluginMain.cs:
Code:
            // Catches only FileOpen even and displays the opened filename it in the PluginUI.
            switch (e.Type)
            {
                case EventType.Command:
                    DataEvent de = (DataEvent)e;
                    if (de.Action == "FDTracer.SettingChange") this.pluginUI.RefreshTrace(false);
                    break;
                case EventType.ProcessEnd:
                    TextEvent te = (TextEvent)e;
                    if (te.Value == "Done (0)") this.pluginUI.DisplayOutput(); // no errors...
                    break;
            }
      }

Thanks,
A.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:20 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

It's probably incompatibility between the current plugin core and your plugin. You need to build the plugin against the latest dev build (or SVN) to get it fully working. Also you need to use it with the correct version of FD.

These were the last big changes and we will now lock the plugin core for FD3 RTM and for plugin developers like you.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Mika.

Weird, I built FD from rev 202 in SVN installed an earlier version of the plugin (v0.3.2 released on 20-Nov-2007) and wasn't able to reproduce the error. Anyhow, I've recompiled FDTracer against that version of FD.

Timteka, when you get a chance could you give the recompiled version a try and let me know if it resolves your problems:
http://www.andrewlucking.com/code/dev/F ... _0.3.4.zip

Also, to be clear, you were running FD3 and not the FD3.1 branch in SVN?

Thanks,
Andrew

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:25 pm
Profile WWW

OMG, guys, it seems that all the FDTracer's errors are gone now :-)) Thanx a lot Andrew, thanx a lot Mika :-)))

P.S. With old version of FDTracer i tried for some time to provoke an error. Finally got it creating new empty class file via the Project panel. After installing the latest FDTracer, no more error alerts :-)

P.P.S. i was using that version of FD : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3529

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]