Admin

Flash Player 10 support is available in FlashDevelop:

- Download FD3 beta8+
- or build FD from the source

New features:

- new target version in project properties
- minor version in advanced compiler options
- supports the updated SWC format for FP10
- typed code completion for Vector types!

Install Flash Player 10:

Now FP10 plugin & projector are available in this archive:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... lash10.zip

- Webbrowser plugin:
It is recommended to only install the player on one browser, preferably Internet Explorer (ActiveX) - because it can be used to play SWFs directly in FlashDevelop embedded player.

- Standalone content debugger ("External player"):
Run it once to associate with SWF files - safest player for debugging.

Get latest Flex SDK 3.2 milestome release or nightly build with FP10 support:

- download the latest nightly build of Adobe Flex SDK (about 120Mb)
(some tutorials say to edit {Flex SDK}\frameworks\flex-config.xml but it isn't useful anymore)

It is recommended to set this SDK as a "Custom SDK" in your FD project's properties.

Configuring a FD project:

- set an AS3 project target version to Flash Player 10
- set the project's Custom SDK (read above)
- add path\to\flexsdk\frameworks\libs\player\10\playerglobal.swc in the project's External Libraries (project compiler options).

Sample FlashDevelop project:

Here's a sample project which showcases the new typed Vector and perspective drawing:
- Download the sample Flash Player 10 project (generated SWF included)
(to build it you will have to change the Project's Custom SDK and SWC path in the External Libraries)

Last edited by Philippe on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Fri May 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

I have largely followed this post except that I did not* add playerglobal.swc in project/external libs because I already selected FP10 as target.

It seemingly compiles SWF with no errors, but debug player says Error #1014: Cannot find class flash.events::SampleDataEvent (translated from russian). How does it compile then with no problems? Funny thing is it does not compile Event.SAMPLE_DATA, saing there is no such property.

My versions are FD 3.0.0.9 on WinXP, Flex SDK 4.0.0.4065 and player 10,0,12,36/IE, for example.

EDIT * just did, it made no difference (except code hinting, now I see that Event.SAMPLE_DATA is SampleDataEvent.SAMPLE_DATA :) .

----
EDIT 2 after short investigation - SWF runned just fine in standalone debug player 10 on another machine - I conclude this is a problem specific to debug players I have installed.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:43 pm

I have been trying to get the Flash Player 10 to work from FlashDevelop for the last two hours.. I've done everything this post says to do.. but I keep getting this error:

C:\flex_sdk_3\frameworks\flex-config.xml(54): Error: unable to open 'libs/player/10/playerglobal.swc'

I've downloaded the latest stable 3.1 sdk.. and this contains no libs/player/10/playerglobal.swc file .. should I be downloading something else?

Thanks for any info.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:18 pm
Admin

czieler wrote:
I have been trying to get the Flash Player 10 to work from FlashDevelop for the last two hours.. I've done everything this post says to do.. but I keep getting this error:

C:\flex_sdk_3\frameworks\flex-config.xml(54): Error: unable to open 'libs/player/10/playerglobal.swc'

I've downloaded the latest stable 3.1 sdk.. and this contains no libs/player/10/playerglobal.swc file .. should I be downloading something else?

Thanks for any info.

Obviously you don't have a FP10-enabled SDK. Get a nightly build.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 pm
Profile WWW

Ah ok.. sorry .. for some reason I thought all of the 3.1 and up were Flash 10 compatible... thanks.

Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:30 am

Do you think we could integrate the external library step into the Project Manager, so it happens automatically?

Conceptually,

If file exists at {Flex SDK Location}\frameworks\libs\player\{Flash Platform Version}\playerglobal.swc, add file as external library

It would be great to be able to set your platform target to Flash Player 9 or Flash Player 10 and to be good to go, now that we can use the same Flex SDK (3.2) for all our projects.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

elyon wrote:
Do you think we could integrate the external library step into the Project Manager, so it happens automatically?

Conceptually,

If file exists at {Flex SDK Location}\frameworks\libs\player\{Flash Platform Version}\playerglobal.swc, add file as external library

It would be great to be able to set your platform target to Flash Player 9 or Flash Player 10 and to be good to go, now that we can use the same Flex SDK (3.2) for all our projects.

Actually, as soon as we'll have updated the language instrincis, the SWC won't even be needed. That's for a future version (maybe next one).

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:17 pm
Profile WWW

In the haxe project,
I user haxe(2.02),flex4,fd3 beta9,I can't output swf file with "flash player 10".

In the output setting,the option of output target do not contain "flash player 10" to select!

who can help me?

haxe -cp "N:\work1\FlashDev\myHaxe\src" -cp "D:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Library\HAXE\classes" -swf-header 550:400:24:FFFFFF -main com.app -swf "C:\1.swf" -swf-version 9 -v --no-traces -swf-lib lib/loader.swf

now ,I modify "-swf-version 9" to "-swf-version 10" ,and run in dos. there will be succeed.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:48 am
Admin

hpgood wrote:
In the haxe project,
I user haxe(2.02),flex4,fd3 beta9,I can't output swf file with "flash player 10".

In the output setting,the option of output target do not contain "flash player 10" to select!

who can help me?

haxe -cp "N:\work1\FlashDev\myHaxe\src" -cp "D:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Library\HAXE\classes" -swf-header 550:400:24:FFFFFF -main com.app -swf "C:\1.swf" -swf-version 9 -v --no-traces -swf-lib lib/loader.swf

now ,I modify "-swf-version 9" to "-swf-version 10" ,and run in dos. there will be succeed.

Fixed in SVN for next release.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:37 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the your great tutorial,
I have get my FD to compile your demo well,
but when I try to add a dot after a vector type,I get these errors with FD's popup window:

Code:
System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
AS2Context.Context.LocateClassFile(PathModel aPath, String fileName)

and I don't get any methods short cut too.
I start this tutorial from installing beta9 and flex sdk 3.2.0.

Thanks in advance~

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:15 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to switch to FlashDevelop 100% because I find it very cool, so far I only used it for the editor and I compiled in the Flash IDE. However, I can't seem to make it work.
I downloaded the Flex 3(.4) SDK.
I created an empty project, wrote some empty package/class code (set it to "Always Compile"), set Flash Player 10 as the "Target" for the project, "D:\Kit\Adobe\Flex\flexsdk34" as the "Custom Path to Flash SDK" and added "D:\Kit\Adobe\Flex\flexsdk34\frameworks\libs\player\10\playerglobal.swc" to "External Libraries".

And when I'm trying to Build Project it stays for 1-3 seconds and then says "Build Faild".

I'm really hoping to make this work, any ideas?

Could it have anything to do with the actual code? I'm thinking I would get some different type of error if I left out a bracket or something, it's just an empty class.
Or with the fact that I'm using Windows 7?

Thanks a lot, looking forward for your replies.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:11 pm

A few notes on Flash 10 support in FlashDevelop:

• It works great in Windows 7
  • You should be able to set version 3.4 of the Flex SDK as your default SDK if you like. It'll work great for Flash 9 or Flash 10 projects
  • Adding playerglobal.swc to external libraries is no longer necessary

If you like, try downloading this example project to see if it compiles fine on your machine. If it does, go ahead and try setting the target version to Flash 10 instead of Flash 9, then trying again. Since its a working project under Flash 9, it'll help determine if there's something else that's missing in your configuration.

http://gtweener.googlecode.com/files/GT ... xample.zip

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:15 am
Profile WWW

I have followed these instructions above but I still have problem to run project in Flash player 10. It always run in Flas player 9.

I have set Flash Player 10 as target, in external libraries I have
C:\...my path...\flex_sdk_3.6.0.13443\frameworks\libs\player\10\playerglobal.swc
Custum Path SDK I have
C:\...my path...\flex_sdk_3.6.0.13443
The same path I have set in Program Settings in AS3 Context.
"flex_sdk_3.6.0.13443" is nightly build of Adobe Flex SDK.

In my computer I have installed Flash Player 10 plugin and flash player ActiveX.

I got this error:

Thans for any advice
Tomas

Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:45 am
Admin

thomas, what does the dialog title say?
Adobe Flash Player 9: you're still running the FP9 :)

By default, FlashDevelop runs the SWF using the default associated viewer. This viewer is called the "External Player" or "Standalone Content Debugger".

You can find it in your Flex SDK: \runtimes\player\10\win\FlashPlayer.exe
Run it once to associate it with SWF files.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:20 am
Profile WWW

Thanks,
it solved my problem. I did not know that I have to run Flash player.exe at first, I just associated it to swf file.
Many thanks
Tomas

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next