View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
FlashBuild Plugin Releases [1.0 Beta 1] 

FlashBuild Plugin

Download Current Release!

This thread would be dedicated for the release, feature requests, and discussion of FlashBuild. FlashBuild allows developers to conveniently build one to multiple SWF files at once. It supports MTASC, Flash IDE as well as Flex 2 compilation. In addition to its batch build abilities, FlashBuild also allows developers to specify multiple Build behaviors based on the needs of a project (ie, Express Build, Debug Build, Release Build, etc.)

I'm interested in any comments or suggestions, and I'll be watching for any bug reports in the Bugs forum here.

History and Change Log
FlashBuild 1.0 Beta 1
    - Add Shell command execution support
    - Integrated GUI that allows developers to conveniently create and modify FlashBuild profiles.
    - Minor bug fixes and performance boost.

FlashBuild 0.9
    - Add support of Flash IDE compilation
    - Add support of Flex 2 compilation
    - Minor bug fixes, now the Build and Play buttons would not disabled erraneously.

FlashBuild 0.8
    - Integration with ProjectExplorer, you have to create a FlashDevelop Project to allow FlashBuild function properly.
    - Improved workflow on creating FlashBuild.xml
    - Rename <movie> to <mtasc> to allow support more compilation methods in the future.

FlashBuild 0.7.1
    - Plugin panel has been eliminated
    - New shortcut keys have been reassigned. CTRL-F5 for Test Movie and SHIFT-F5 for Build Current

FlashBuild 0.7
    - All the essential functions of FlashBuild are now integrated with FlashDevelop Toolbar
    - A dedicated Build menu has been added to allow access of more functionalities
    - Add "Create a Build File" to Build Menu to allow creating Build file from sketch.

* Download the special only if you experience trouble that Build menus are disabled erraneously.

Source
http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/v ... .php?t=365

Last edited by tangent on Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I am planning to allow shortcut key to be defined for each Build and pure command-line builds per Robert's feedback.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:15 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Admin

I couldn't built a test project. MTASC shows it's usage information like when it receives no parameters...

I found why why I always get a "Error while reading the file:"... If the testMovie attribute is empty it doesn't just ignore it :(

ABOUT Create Build File
- the command should generate a very basic XML file which could be used with few modifications. And maybe pre-fill it with the current open class and FlashDevelop global classpathes,
- try adding an '*' after FlashBuild.xml so it will be more clear that the file has to be saved in some location (FD considers the file doesn't need to be saved)

PANEL
- the buttons in the toolbar are great but maybe, optionally they could be in the panel. Note that the toolbar can be disabled so you wouldn't be able to create these buttons,
- the panel also could be an option now.

SHORTCUTS
- F6 is already the shortcut for "Test Movie in IDE"

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

I encounter this problem all the time with MTASC, apparently, if you set the ClassFile (corresponds to -main) using relative path, and do NOT add your project in the classPath, you should compile fine 100% of the cases.

Occassionally, if you add your project path in the classPath, you can still compile with no problem, the benefit of this move is that when you use FlashConnect to trace, the results would show up in the Results panel.

I hope to figure out what's going on with MTASC when it deals with absolute path to the project path which happens to overlap with the -main class. :(

Philippe wrote:
I couldn't built a test project. MTASC shows it's usage information like when it receives no parameters...

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Oops ... looks like I am running out of one-key shortcut for Test Movie ... :lol:

Philippe wrote:
SHORTCUTS
- F6 is already the shortcut for "Test Movie in IDE"

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Admin

I found the build problem: the color in the build file (and as default value too apparently) is "#FFFFFF" but MTASC doesn't accept the "#" character there!

BUG combo/buttons
- when I start FD, the combo is disabled and the buttons are enabled. If I click on a button it crashes (NullReferenceException).
- when I have a build file selected and press test/build (I have 1 build profile), they all become disabled. Modifying the build file sometimes re-enabled the buttons but I usually have to close FD!

BUG input/output SWF
- if I don't set both input & output SWFs it doesn't work (I use the -header option) because if I don't set the input SWF, the output SWF is still declared with the -out switch instead of just -swf

QUOTES
- you should always add quotes around filenames (SWFs, classes).

BATCH
- What about (optionnaly) not removing the .bat file so it can be run from outside FD? It could be named like: build.name.bat

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:15 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Philippe, I am getting busy fixing the bugs.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

yes a pre-filled FlashBuild file with the current project properties would be nice
anyway your plugin rocks :D
great functionality !
thank you very much !

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile WWW

Hmm .... I guess I would search and find the FDP file, and "steal" the information from the project file? I wonder what happen if the user happens to have multiple FDP file in the same directory.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

maybe there's a way to get data directly from ProjectExplorer.dll ?
it could also be nice to be able to run the flashBuilds for the current opened project event though there is no opened file..

Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:35 am
Profile WWW

It isn´t working for me... the bar gets grayed after I select a build profile... :(

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW

Hmm, that's weird. Did you click Build or Test Movie?

FFighter wrote:
It isn´t working for me... the bar gets grayed after I select a build profile... :(

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

That would be nice. It would have been nicer if this is a plugin for or part of Project Explorer, since FlashBuild right now relies on traversing directory to discover the build file. Such would be unnecessary if it knows what Project the user is currently on.

6iyd wrote:
maybe there's a way to get data directly from ProjectExplorer.dll ?
it could also be nice to be able to run the flashBuilds for the current opened project event though there is no opened file..

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

As others have mentioned, the toolbar becomes disabled whenever I click "Build" and it is difficult to enable it again. So I can't use it unless I get the source code and comment out the disable commands like I did with the last version.

Also, the panel keeps popping up whenever I open or close a file, unless I dock the panel somewhere. I don't need the panel now so I would prefer not to waste space with it.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:18 am
Profile WWW
Admin

That would be nice. It would have been nicer if this is a plugin for or part of Project Explorer, since FlashBuild right now relies on traversing directory to discover the build file. Such would be unnecessary if it knows what Project the user is currently on.

Just FYI, there are a few ways already of communication with projectexplorer:

- You can send the plugin command "ProjectExplorer;SendProjectInfo" and it will broadcast a "ProjectExplorer.ProjectInfo" event with a hashtable constructed like:

Code:
projectInfo["projectPath"] = Project.ProjectPath;
projectInfo["outputPath"] = Project.GetAbsolutePath(Project.OutputPath);
projectInfo["classpaths"] = Project.AbsoluteClasspaths.ToArray();
projectInfo["width"] = Project.MovieOptions.Width;
projectInfo["height"] = Project.MovieOptions.Height;

- You could then add a reference to projectexplorer.dll and use the projectexplorer's own classes and code (already loaded in memory anyway), particularly the Project class as such:

Code:
string path = projectInfo["projectPath"];
Project currentProject = Project.Load(path);

which would let you easily query all the info that's associated with .fdp files.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next