View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Bug testing for RC2... 

Sorry for not returning quickly. Reinstalled FD afresh using the installer Mika posted here (337) and the autogenerated overrides are now OK.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:35 am
Admin

wvxvw wrote:
Another separate bug:
Overrides for flash.utils.Proxy ware generated wrongfully, exactly, I've got these:(...)
Putting them into internal namespace is OK and understandable, but the return type of those two must be * and not void.

EDIT: BTW, nextValue() also got typed to void instead of *.

Fixed in SVN, thanks for reporting.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

This is just a minor bug, but please look into it:

In a Flex project, when I add an event listener with this EXACTLY name: creationCompleteHandler, I cannot Ctrl-Shift-1 to generate the function but have to type the function manually regardless the event type is really FlexEvent.CREATION_COMPLETE or something else. And this seems to happen with Flex project only.

Agree that this is very trivial, but I hope it can lead to some parsing weaknesses.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

Hi guys, loving the progress. Just thought I'd post a couple of the bugs I see more frequently.

- When running under Windows XP SP3 with the primary drive lettered F, I get a runtime error on application open. It is not critical and, after prompted, I can continue working.
- The files tab takes a very long time to read any folder on a network or mapped network drive under Windows Vista 32bit SP1 - it sometimes hangs the application for thirty seconds at a time. The projects tab, however, flies.
- The most prevalent problem I've experience is that, under Windows Vista 32bit SP1, every few times I build the it fails due to an 'Access Denied' error. Access is denied until I rename the .AS3PROJ file. This could be a network drive issue, though it has only occurred since RC1+.
- Sometimes the auto import doesn't seem to pick up on some similarly named packages. For example, if I have imported the 'flash.display' package in through a global classpaths and I wish to import the local 'display' package, auto import won't work, neither will Ctrl+Shift+1.

None of these bugs are persistent enough to dissuade me but, in trying to help, I figured I would report them anyways.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:13 am
Admin

That drive letter issue should be fixed for next release now. In some cases FD get confused with similar paths. Also so might confuse your fellow developers too. :)

Ok there is now a new dev release available with awesome new features. We need to verify these before next release well. Here are the changes and some notes about them:

1. GUI for editing syntax coloring.
-> All old coloring settings are incompatible so don't even try to use them with RC2
-> All globals styles are now removed and therefore some settings needs to changed to all langugages (ie. font). :(
-> The settings can be exported to a easy to install FlashDevelop Zip file (*more later)

2. Relocation of config files and how they are used
-> All important app files don't get copied to user dir automaticly so that if users don't change them, we can keep them up to date.
-> Project templates are now relocated to AppDir/Projects/ and you should not modify them directly but duplicate the default one and modify it.
-> Menu files are not copied any more to the user app dir. If you want to modify them so that FD don't overwrite them, copy them to the user app dir and modify there.
-> We promote users to do a standard installation instead of standalone or multi instance mode so that we can keep files correctly up to date.
-> We need to do a "how to customize FD" page to the wiki before RC2.

3. FlashDevelop Zip Files (*.fdz)
-> These are standard zip files but FD parses the paths when extracting the files. These can be used to share syntax coloring, deploy 3rd party plugins etc...
-> The files can be installed by double clicking them on Windows or by opening it with FD.

Here is a small description how it works. This deploys a plugin and one readme file to users system:

1. Create directory named $(BaseDir).
2. Create directory named Plugins under $(BaseDir) directory.
3. Place the SamplePlugin.dll file to this Plugins directory.
4. Create directory named Data under $(BaseDir) directory.
5. Create directory named SamplePlugin under Data directory.
6. Place the custom file README.txt under SamplePlugin directory.
7. Zip the file up so that $(BaseDir) is the first level (ie. right click $(BaseDir))
8. Change the file extension to *.fdz

If you open the zip file in a zip tool you should see two entries like this:
-> $(BaseDir)/Plugins/SamplePlugin.dll
-> $(BaseDir)/Data/SamplePlugin/README.txt

This will be extracted on user system by FD in standalone mode:
-> C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Plugins\SamplePlugin.dll
-> C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Data\SamplePlugin\README.txt

This will be extracted on user system by FD in normal mode:
-> C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Plugins\SamplePlugin.dll
-> C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Data\SamplePlugin\README.txt

And give some props for xMCNUGGETx for this syntax editor!

SO EVERYBODY NOW (HELP US) TEST, TEST AND TEST!

Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:42 pm
Profile WWW

Great!

Does this mean that we will now be able to keep customizations to the default file templates even after reinstalling and upgrading?

I gave up changing the templates a long time ago since I ended up reinstalling FlashDevelop so often to try out new builds.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Well, basicly yes. :) The thing is if you modify these menu files and move them to user app dir you dont get updates to them. Or hmm should i add a additional custom items xml file there.... :)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 pm
Profile WWW

I like the idea of keeping separate directories for custom templates and default templates. One of the other reasons why I stopped copying custom files over was because I never was sure if those files had been updated or not, or if I wanted the changes. Now I should be able to modify a couple of the files which matter most to me (like a new class file or a new event class file) and leave the rest to default.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

I posted a new update to the dev build (R385) which contains new functionality to be able to revert the language files (fully or retaining user coloring). But it came with a price. All syntax files prior to this release are not compatible.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Once again i posted a new version (R388) and it now includes slightly revised snippet dialog. Previously it was a external tool. Also i did some other small menu arrangements. Please test it and let me know if there are any bugs in any of the new features so that we could push RC2 out soon. Thanks!

Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:37 am
Profile WWW

The snippet window can not be resized.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am

Hi, I'm sorry if my question is not at the correct place here...

1. When i open syntax coloring, my custom class, and even class like MovieClip loose their color (from blue to black). Even after i close the syntax coloring the colors are not back to blue (keep black), and it will only be backed to blue when i try to import some class... Maybe it's not a real bug but by that i can not see how the color changes... And i did thought it's my fault changing something that make all the classes black out like that....

2. I have some ugly code that i think flash develop didn't autoComplete correctly (i'm not sure if i'm doing the wrong way...)
Code:
package {
     class ABC {
            //some code goes here
     }
}

//i want to have another class here, say class DEF
class DEF extends [b]MovieClip[/b] {//after i hit enter, it comes into  flash.display.MovieClip instead of import it before the class as usual

}

//this is what i want :
import flash.display.MovieClip;
class DEF extends MovieClip {
}

//this is what it generated
class DEF extends flash.display.MovieClip{
}

I'm not sure if this can consider a bug but it's really annoying me...

3. I still have to type flash.net.navigateToURL to force import instead of just navigateToURL, the same for StageScaleMode, StageAlign...

4. Incorrect switch() scope code hint. I can not get code hint for lineTo in the following example

Code:
with (graphics) {
   lineTo( //----> not trigger code hint here
}

5. Sometimes i just can not override width, height... or some similar ones... but i think it's my fault... just telling if someone get into the same issue with me because i can not reproduce the incorrect override with width/height.... (my class extends from MovieClip)

Other things that's not a bug but i think it will be great if FD have these features

I still can not create new .fla file inside project panel. I must explore the project folder and create a new fla instead.
I can not create a new FD project in new menu (right click ---> new) this will be very handy
I can not add multiple files (ctrl-select) through add--> existing file...

Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:29 pm
Admin

1. probably related to dynamic coloring of types (like MovieClip). Closing/reopening the file should fix that.

2. code completion support outside a class is known to be weak (to say it gently), that has to improve.

3. we didn't change anything in this regard. Ctrl+Shift+1 will generate a missing import if you need. Still thinking of a better solution.

4. "with" is still not supported. Not on top of our TODO atm.

5. we need a reproducible case.

Other points are interesting - not sure why the "new" submenu does not appear in the shell menu...

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

I can not get override to work when my class extends from Proxy class (i'm trying to override callProperty). Is it my fault? Because it seems not to be working even if i create a new project, add a new .as file and just add the simple code
Code:
package 
{
   import flash.utils.Proxy;
   public class KProxy extends Proxy
   {
      public function KProxy()
      {
      }

override callProperty //after enter, doesn't trigger auto complete here

}
}

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I've just downloaded and installed RC2.

The biggest problem currently for me is that the output panel seems to be printing any outputs from any pre-build command line tools and any traces from flash very slowly. Well it still seems to zip by pretty fast but it seems like it's at least 20 times slower than previously in RC1 or any other previous versions I've been using.

I have thousands of lines in output and now the whole program hangs for around 30 secs before it finishes printing all the lines and starts to respond again (before it takes less than 2 secs) during which my cpu will be running 100%. I can get around this by turning off the output panel or disabling traces in my code but I really need to see the output... Is it something obvious I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
Tommy

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next