View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Bug testing for RC2... 
Admin

RC2 will present lots of bug fixes and also some new neat features. Please test the release much as possible so that we can iron out the bugs. :)

You can find the latest development build from here.

Changes:

- UTF-8 files can be saved without BOM. This is an extra setting.
- You can now open files in specific encoding (File->Encoding->OpenFilesIn)
- Some common menu items has been added to the editor context menu
- Shell icons (ie. TortoiseSVN overlay icons) are now displayed in the Files panel
- Files panel now synchronizes to the project, you can also default to current file (setting)
- FlashLogViewer plugin added, it's basicly an extended FDTracer plugin (FDTracer by Andrew Lucking)
- EnchancedArguments plugin has now beed built into FlashDevelop directly (by xMCNUGGETx)
- Improved and fixed intrinsic completion classes
- Bug fixes and improvements, of course. :)

Report the bugs and post improvement ideas for these RC2 dev builds in this thread.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:48 pm
Profile WWW

Couple of things

Font size isnt saving.

Files explorer isn't synching with project explorer

I get this error on compile
Code:
Unable to cast object of type 'PluginCore.TextEvent' to type 'PluginCore.KeyEvent'.

at SamplePlugin.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
   at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

This error on exit
Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ASClassWizard.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
   at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

Looks like the last two could be plugin problems, but reported just in case. I have ASClassWizard, Trace, and autoformat in my plugins.

New features are awesome, nice work. Could the svn icons be present in project explorer too?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:39 am
Profile WWW

Any chance of a workaround for the project-view-not-refreshing-with-networked-drive issue? pleasepleaseplease :)

Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:41 am
Admin

ricick:

1. You might have old ScintillaNET.xml setting file in use that has font specified in the file. Try updating it.
2. The setting (Sync to Project) in the File panel settings is probably false. Change it to true.

robagar:

Is it a mapped drive? Does it get updated at all or does it stop working at some point?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:15 am
Profile WWW

hi Mika - yes it's a mapped network drive, the same issue as this thread in the bugs forum. The Project view never refreshes, unless I click the manual refresh button.

It's an ancient linux samba fileserver, so perhaps the 500ms delay mentioned in that thread is too low. Can I increase it in a config file anywhere?

(btw if anyone can recommend a samba config tweak that fixes the problem, please PM me)

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 am
Admin

That thread is quite old so the functionality has changed after it. The delay is currently only for updates (refresh the view on 500ms if needed) and not related to the file polling. We use the .NET FileSystemWatcher for tracking changes and there might be an issue in it. Or the server that you use, does not give us the change notifications correctly. This needs more testing and i'll make a version that will output FileSystemWatcher errors for you to test out.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:41 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Try this out and tell me if it outputs something to the Output panel: http://www.flashdevelop.org/downloads/b ... anager.zip

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am
Profile WWW

Nope, nothing. I replaced the dll in C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Plugins, restarted FD and created a new class, but nothing showed up in the output panel. What should have been generated?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:39 pm

I've done a complete uninstall and reinstall. Still have those two issues. The synch to project setting is true.

Those error messages have dissapeared after clean install however so must have been plug in issues (even though i have the same plugins now)

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:00 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Ok, some stupid questions: Do you have "default-font" setting as "setting-defined" in the ScintillaNET.xml file. Make sure you open it in the correct place (Tools->Application Files and the goto Settings folder). And do you actually press the sync button to get syncronized? It doesn't do anything by it's own.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:18 am
Profile WWW

To reproduce

1. start a new AS class
2. copy and paste content from mx.controls.CalendarLayout class from Flex Framework (it has well over 2000+ lines)
3. then select code from code "super();" to the last but third curly brace
4. indent by pressing "tab"
5. Wait ... wait ... wait ...

If I use Scintilla or Flex Builder to indent the similar code block above it does not hang.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Here is the line in my ScintillaNet.xml file
Code:
<value name="default-font">setting-defined</value>

That synch project button works great. Sorry I thought it was meant to be automatic.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

Are other settings saved ok? Are you running in multi instance mode?

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Other settings save ok. Also this is not just when restarting fd. I can open a file, mousewheel the size up, and the close the file. On re-opening it is small again. Previous version saved the size. I am not running multi instance mode.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Well you need to set the correct size in the font setting. Zooming using scroll wheel is not saved.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next