View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Using caching for the Flex framework: The easy way! 

a stupid question:

how knows my swf which rsl-swf should be loaded?

just looking for any file like framework_x.x.x.xxx.swf?

and what if there are 2 or more files i.e. framework_3.2.0.3958.swf amd framework_3.3.5.111.swf?

thanks in advance
mad

Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:20 pm

You should be able to use Flex SWFs which rely on the framework RSL just as you would ordinary Flex SWFs, with the exception that you must wait for them to not only load but also initialize. Last I tested, Flex had a bug where SWF files would not function properly when loading multiple SWFs that rely on the RSL simultaneously. I had to load and initialize each SWF one at a time in order for it to work.

The framework *.swf and *.swz files should be placed in the same directory as your SWF. I think this is in relation to the main SWF file you are using, but it is possible that this would be relative to the child SWF you are loading if the main SWF does not rely on the RSL. It is probably ideal to make sure that all of your SWFs rely on the RSL, and the same version.

It sounds like you might have extracted two versions of the Flex SDK into the same directory. The framework RSL files you use should match your version of the compiler. You probably are using version 3.3, so I would copy those files, but whatever you do, make sure that you use a milestone or major release of the Flex SDK that uses the *.swz file. If there is no *.swz file available, the framework will not be cached and will be downloaded each time a user visits your application.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

i found the answer:

the mxmlc argument

-runtime-shared-library-path=c:\flexsdk\frameworks\libs\framework.swc,framework_3.0.165352.swf

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_3:Feature_Introductions:Flex_3_RSLs#How_to_use_the_Flex_Framework_as_an_RSL

p.s. thx elyon for explanation

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:01 am

Hallo.
I have the same problem mentioned with Firefox.

With firefox I need ro right-click and select Play, instead with the other browsers it works without to right-click

How did you solve it, please?

thanks.

Mario

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 am

sorry for so long time to answer :)
i remember that i did it this way:
so i changed to build my files into DEBUG (earlier it war RELEASE) and when i changed to DEBUG everything works GREAT in firefox too

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2