View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Trouble with Flex, multiple JDKs and flash debugger 

I require a 64bit JDK in my path, but I wish to use the flash debugger. I have seen multiple other threads about doing this, but none of the solutions work as I seem to be having another issue. I have previously had multiple installs of Flashdevelop, Haxedevelop and Flex SDKs and have ultimately tried uninstalling everything and starting from scratch.

Without installing any Flex SDK, Flashdevelop builds my haxe project for flash fine, except I obviously have the issue with the debugger requiring 32 bit Java. I see other places mention of changing the jvm.config file to point to a 32 bit java in the Flex SDK, but with a clean instal of FlashDevelop there is no such thing.

I previously tried installing the latest Flex separately, then pointing to it with the AS3 Flex SDKs setting. I then modified the jvm.config in this Flex SDK. Here's were it gets weird. I still got the same error message about 32 vs 64 bit java, saying that it was using my path to the 64 bit java. However, seconds later I get the Windows dialog saying that some features of Java JRE 7 32 bit had been blocked (this is the version my jvm.config points to). Following this, traces are successfully captured with FDB, although the debugger itself won't run. It appears that when I manually specify the Flex SDK location, it tries to run the debugger twice with the two different Java versions?

How does it build when you don't manually install and specify a Flex location?
Is the Flex SDKs setting in AS3Context of the program settings still relevant?
Any idea why I am getting both an error message for the 64 bit jre and later have the 32 bit jre run?

I've spent a long time trying to get this working, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:26 pm

Did you try to run the 64bits version of FlashDevelop? It doesn't have any shortcut by default, you'll find it in the installation folder, under the name FlashDevelop64.exe.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:24 pm

Neverbirth wrote:
Did you try to run the 64bits version of FlashDevelop? It doesn't have any shortcut by default, you'll find it in the installation folder, under the name FlashDevelop64.exe.

I tried both, and I recall I couldn't get either to work with 64 bit java in my path. I believe the behavior I described above was running 32 bit flashdevelop, though. What configuration would I require to have 64bit java in my path and have the debugger work when running the 64 bit flashdevelop?

Do I need to have Flex SDK installed and make the changes in there? Would this require me to change any preferences in FD?

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]