View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Flash CC .XFL not opening and debugging? 

Hi,

So I have a Flash CC .XFL file with an output path of "./swf/MyFile.swf" and, a Flash IDE FD project setup. This setup links and publishes fine when I'm using Release, however when I try to use Debug, the Flash IDE doesn't seem to open the swf and FD subsequently won't debug.

If I remove the targeting sub-directory from my Flash CC output setting and apply a parent dir, it works, ie. from ./swf/MyFile.swf to ../MyFile.swf

However, this isn't practical for our project structure, since MyFile.swf uses a lot of shared assets within the swf folder as well, so to get debugging working, I'd need to move all swfs in the same parent folder. - not ideal or practical given the structure.

Is there any way to change the Debugger dropdown/setting/path so that I can specify targeting paths? Or change the Debugger to be the same as Release, apart from targeting the same?

Cheers,
Stu

Last edited by wildgeeza on Wed May 04, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2016 9:29 am

Update,

Seems it just doesn't like the dynamic url. If I use the full path in Flash CC, it's ok.
Ie.

C:\Project\swf\MyFile.swf

Again, this is not ideal as a dev solution, as we may have the project .svn installed in differing locations

Wed May 04, 2016 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]