View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
GotoDeclaration/Find/Search 

I have the problem after last update: search occurences appear at the top/bottom of the page, instead of the center. It's a VERY STRONG INCONVENIENCE for me. is anyone has such a problem here?
thanx

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:50 pm
Admin

The dialog or results panel? Could you provide a screenshot?

Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:19 am
Profile WWW

hey here is an image

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:46 am
Admin

Next release will include a setting to use old caret policy settings. Set KeepCaretCentered=true.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

@mika, can you confirm that the old caret policy will ensure that any highlighted search match will be visible? currently, the highlighted match may not be visible, if there has been any horizontal scrolling of the page that positions the match to the left of the document view. a match might also be obscured by the search and replace popup, itself.
Imagefree photo hosting

Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:08 pm

Is this a nightly build or the latest official stable release?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:02 pm

Neverbirth wrote:
Is this a nightly build or the latest official stable release?

@Neverbirth if you're asking is the problem i described of the match selection being out of view when the caret ends up on the extreme left of the view window being with the nightly build or the latest official stable release, it's with the release (5.1.1.1) (maybe i should be posting in some other topic, if this is a development thread?)

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:00 pm

I ask because time ago we had some particular caret policy for when the user searches something, then it was changed several months ago, and then 2 months ago it was further modified, so depending on which version you use the behaviour may differ and it's important to know. You can get a development build to test out latest behavior here.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:25 pm

@Neverbirth, thanks for the explanation and the link. have tried out the 5.2.0.94 development build, which exhibits the same right view scrolled left hidden match highlight behaviour as the current release version. it's not a big issue, it's just that it can be a bit of a challenge finding the match, especially when the caret is still in the find text input control or the find and replace dialog, and not in the document view panel. if it's in the view panel, you can search for it down its left hand edge, or move the find and replace dialog, if it's not there. otherwise you have to interrupt the search in order to scroll the view to reveal the left hidden match highlight.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]