View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Call for action to Mac and Linux users... 
Admin

To our suprise Wine project has made amazing progress lately and FlashDevelop works pretty well on it. We have now added a support for CrossOver, which is a commercial and a user friendly version of Wine. It has a free trial and if you happen to decide to buy a licence you will support the Wine project at the same. PLEASE NOTE: We are in no way related or sponsored by CodeWeavers.

Now what we need from you Mac and Linux users is to start testing FlashDevelop on CrossOver or free Wine and report the bugs to Wine project. This is the way to improve FlashDevelop on Wine. Also please consider a donation for the FlashDevelop project to support our ongoing efforts make FlashDevelop the best editor on the planet. See: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/in ... te_support

We can also gather tips and tricks for running FlashDevelop on CrossOver for example workarounds and hints to improve the current sofware bundle FD now runs on. We will add these to the FlashDevelop page on the CodeWeavers AppDB.

Also for those who want to use the free version of Wine, we need easy-to-follow instructions how to get running. If you are experienced on this, please submit them here.

You can check the screenshots, get running and start testing FlashDevelop on you Mac or Linux with CrossOver here:
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibili ... pp_id=4890

Spread the word!

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 am
Profile WWW

I tried installing in it's own Wine install to prevent issues with anything else. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with Wine 1.7 from the official Wine PPA.

Code:
#env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-flashdevelop ~/Downloads/win32/FlashDevelop-4.6.4.exe

The installer completes OK, some warnings about .Net, Flash and Java missing. I've not installed these.

Then start the main app:

Code:
# env WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-flashdevelop wine ~/.wine-flashdevelop/drive_c/Program\ Files/FlashDevelop/FlashDevelop.exe

And I get

Quote:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate (System.String urlString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser:Navigate (string)
at StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser.ShowStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser..ctor (System.String pageUrl, System.String rssUrl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser:.ctor (string,string)
at StartPage.PluginMain.CreateStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at StartPage.PluginMain.ShowStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at StartPage.PluginMain.HandleEvent (System.Object sender, PluginCore.NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent (System.Object sender, PluginCore.NotifyEvent e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I can continue past this to the list of SDKs to install.
Some minor graphical errosr in the 'select' line.
Apache Flex isn't listed, but I'm new to FD.

Install of Flex SDK 4.6.0 seems to start OK but at about half way Wine crashes.
Quote:
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
libgluezilla not found. To have webbrowser support, you need libgluezilla installed
fixme:gdiplus:resample_bitmap_pixel Unimplemented interpolation 7
Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
at (wrapper managed-to-native) ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.Perform (int,uint,uint,uint) <0xffffffff>
at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.SPerform (uint,uint,uint) <0x0001f>
at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.get_Length () <0x00017>
at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.get_Text () <0x00013>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_CreateParams () <0x00045>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InternalSizeFromClientSize (System.Drawing.Size) <0x0006b>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ClientSizeFromSize (System.Drawing.Size) <0x0003b>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () <0x0065f>
at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl..ctor (string) <0x000ef>
at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl..ctor () <0x00017>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl..ctor () <0xffffffff>
at FlashDevelop.Managers.ScintillaManager.CreateControl (string,string,int) <0x0002b>
at FlashDevelop.Docking.TabbedDocument.AddEditorControls (string,string,int) <0x0001b>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FlashDevelop.Docking.TabbedDocument.AddEditorControls (string,string,int) <0xffffffff>
at FlashDevelop.MainForm.CreateEditableDocument (string,string,int) <0x001bb>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FlashDevelop.MainForm.CreateEditableDocument (string,string,int) <0xffffffff>
at FlashDevelop.MainForm.New (object,System.EventArgs) <0x0007f>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) FlashDevelop.MainForm.New (object,System.EventArgs) <0xffffffff>
at FlashDevelop.Managers.SessionManager.RestoreSession (string,FlashDevelop.Managers.Session) <0x001eb>
at FlashDevelop.Managers.SessionManager.RestoreSession (string,PluginCore.SessionType) <0x000e3>
at FlashDevelop.MainForm.OnMainFormLoad (object,System.EventArgs) <0x0033b>
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs) <0x00062>
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs) <0x00084>
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl () <0x00057>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl () <0x0012f>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore (bool) <0x0007b>
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore (bool) <0x00227>
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (bool) <0x00029>
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible (bool) <0xffffffff>
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunLoop (bool,System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) <0x0022f>
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext) <0x0005b>
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run (System.Windows.Forms.Form) <0x00037>
at FlashDevelop.Program.RunFlashDevelopWithErrorHandling (string[],bool) <0x00127>
at FlashDevelop.Program.Main (string[]) <0x0007b>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

=================================================================
Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

abnormal program termination
err:mscoree:expect_no_runtimes Process exited with a Mono runtime loaded.
fixme:gdiplus:create_gdi_logbrush unhandled brush type 4

At this point I don't know if the issue is FD or Wine :-)

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

Could you try the Crossover trial with a crosstie file? Thanks

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:43 am

The crosstie installs Java, but then says it can't find it.
I continued anyway.

FD starts. There are still glitches in the SDK list window.
This time the main FD Windows open and the SDK appears to install.

All the text on the start page is invisible.
I went File, new MXML, and then Project, run but nothing happens.

After creating a new 'Flex 4' project, there's no SDK found in the properties of it, so it wont run or test.
Launching AppMan crashed once, then told me there was no SDK installed.

Still, some progress.
I'll go back and retry with Wine and the dependencies now I can see what they are from the .tie file.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:03 am
Admin

Did you try restarting after SDK install?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:33 pm
Profile WWW

Mika wrote:
Did you try restarting after SDK install?

Yup, no difference.

Should be easy enough to verify by booting a Ubuntu LiveCD in a virtual machine, for instance.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 pm
Admin

I have FD running on Xubuntu 14.04 on VirtualBox with CrossOver 13.2. I don't experience any of the issues you reported. When i installed CrossOver i needed to install few missing libs it told me to install via Terminal.

FD installs the Flex SDK and FP via AppMan and after restart it builds nicely the created Flex 4 project. When testing it runs the swf with the installed Flash Player.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

Hi,

Installed from Crossover trial.

Processor :Intel® Core™ i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz × 4
Graphics:Intel® Haswell Mobile

Everything installed as expected, with the java error, expected too.

Heres a screenshot

I'll use it as a production enviroment until the end of the trial, and then report.

For now its a bit slower, and lagging in the transitions (open panels, open documents, etc).
The Start page don't render well.

Appman

The flex SDK installer struggles a lot to install everything, I think it never completed the install
Everything else installed OK, but not tested

keep up the good work!!!!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:03 am

I installed and ran it in:

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz × 8
GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2

I created a 32-bit wine prefix to test it:
Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-prefixes/fdevelop winecfg

Exported the WINEPREFIX:
Code:
export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-prefixes/fdevelop

Installed .NET 4 and .NET2 SP1 using winetricks:
Code:
winetricks dotnet40 corefonts
winetricks dotnet20sp1

Installed flashdevelop from my Downloads directory:
Code:
wine FlashDevelop-4.6.4.exe

It complained about no java and Flash not installed as expected but no .NET errors.

Running flashdevelop.exe starts up with no errors and APPMAN also runs at startup and in subsequent starts from Tools, Install software menu. I did not try much else but it seemed to run fine. Sorry, I'm mostly a hobbyist programmer but would love to get haxeflixel working on FD in linux. Thanks for the linux love guys!

Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:27 am

kentko10dev wrote:
Code:

Code:

Code:
winetricks dotnet40 corefonts
winetricks dotnet20sp1

Code:
wine FlashDevelop-4.6.4.exe

It complained about no java and Flash not installed as expected but no .NET errors.

Ack.

With those winetricks installed, I get a much better experience under Wine.
The windows and AppMan look healthy, and the two SDKs I tried (Flex 4.6 and Apache Flex 3.1 [misleading name, it means the installer version, which lets you install any recent Apache Flex]) install OK.

Syntax high light works, and I can compile in Linux what I write in Wine, which is neat, but less useful because there's no syntax checking.

Installing a recent Windows v7 JDK works fine, and I can launch the results in the Linux flash debug player.
Debugging (breakpoints and value inspection) works. That's very very clever.

Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:44 am
Admin

After some testing i think the libraries you should install with winetricks are: corefonts, gdiplus, dotnet20sp2, msxml3. You should also install the build from dev branch as it contains some fixes for Wine.

Do any of you have an idea how to call the tools installed on the host? Should they be in host path? Use the Z: path?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:31 pm
Profile WWW

Hi.
Thanks you for great job on Mac version :)
I managed to install FlashDevelop on Mac yosemite via crossover.
During setup I got 2 errors: java update and net 2.0 framework.
After installation I downloaded Air SDK and Standalone Debug player.
During SDK install I got error on framework 9-15 but it still worked.
I managed to compile my Air mobile project in desktop mode :) so it looks very promising.

One thing what i could find is how to add Plugins to FlashDevelop and how to organize external tools like ant ?

If you need to test something on Mac just ask as Mac version is very important for me especially for haxe as I use it for openfl iOS target.

Thanks you for your great job. :)

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:56 pm

So may trial for Crossover ended I wanted to share my thoughts about Flashdevelop on Mac.

Version: FlashDevelop 4.7.0
Mac: mac mini 2014 with Yosmenite
Crossover: 14

Installation:
During installation I had few problems with Java and net framework 2.0 but at the end even with errors FlashDevelop was working.

AppMan:
AppMan was working but was quit slow in downloading but that could be my connection that caused problems. And I managed to install Air SDK only with 3x tries.

Configs:
"User Config Files" button doesn't work, but after installing Air SDK I found folder where configs of FlashDevelop are located , so I could add plugins, templates and other stuff. So that possible too.

AS3/Air Development:
At the beginning I tried to compile my latest air mobile project.
So I copied my project to mac and tried to open in FlashdDevelop. Everything worked as expected and crossover managed to open files from mac path. SDK as I mentioned before was located in Crossover environment (would be cool if it could be linked from mac directly because than it shouldn't be stored 2x). Project was compiling and debugger was working properly. (Didn't tried to test on device so I can't confirm if that works, would be good if someone can test that).

Haxe/OpenFL Development:
At first installed Haxe SDK on Crossover then I found CMD in Corssover so I managed to install libs form haxelib.
After that everything worked as usual on Win.

User Expierence:
had problems with some short-cuts probably because of Mac keyboard. And had problems with floating windows , if windows was floating already at the begging I couldn't doc it (for example ant plugin). But otherwise everything was working properly.

Suggestions/Features:
Would be cool if SDKs (Air and Haxe) and haxe libs could be linked directly from mac version, I tried that but there are no exe files on mac version what FlashDevelop searches.

Overall its working good enough especially if you are doing AS3/AIR development.

Hopefully it will help someone :)

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi, i tried to install FlashDevelop 4.7.1 with wine bottler
I'm not expririenced with wine bottler and don't event know am i doing it wrong or not, but i managed to generate .app and start it.
The bad news is that in the start after initialization completes FlashDevelop it throw error:

Code:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) PluginCore.Helpers.PathHelper:SHILCreateFromPath (string,intptr&,int&)
  at PluginCore.Helpers.PathHelper.GetPhysicalPathName (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and another one after this,

Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate (System.String urlString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser:Navigate (string)
  at StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser.ShowStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser..ctor (System.String pageUrl, System.String rssUrl) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) StartPage.Controls.StartPageWebBrowser:.ctor (string,string)
  at StartPage.PluginMain.CreateStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at StartPage.PluginMain.ShowStartPage () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at StartPage.PluginMain.HandleEvent (System.Object sender, PluginCore.NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent (System.Object sender, PluginCore.NotifyEvent e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The AppMan also started in the same time while FlashDevelop tried to start. i manage to install AIR SDK + ASC 2.0 Compiler which installed with no problems, then i tried to install FLEX + AIR SDK 4.6.0 + 16.0.0
and it failed with fatal error in gc: GetThreadContext failed

EDIT:
I figure it out. When i download the latest version of FD and unzip the archive i need to create manualy the folder FLashDevelop-4.7.1/Tools/flexsdk
and inside this folder i need to put flex sdk 4.6 + air sdk 16.0
then i need to put all my plugins in FlashDevelop-4.7.1/Plugins folder
and then i need to package the app with Whine Bottler.

Unfortunately this doesn't fixes my errors i my post above.
And if i have .fdz file with my flash develop color theme and layout settings saved where i need to put it ? Or maybe this is ok to be installed after i package my .app file ?

EDIT 2:
I just tried CrossOver and it looks very promising, beside the part that installed a ton of stuff on my mac :)
The good news is that all works perfectly wit CrossOver.
The bad news is that it installed Flash Develop v.4.6.4.1
in the start page says:
4.7.1: Download here!
Your version (4.6.4.1) is out of date.

and i can't use AIR SDK 16.0 that is needed in order to compile 64 bit .ipa for app store
So my hope is to manage to run the .app file that is generated by the Whine Bottler.
Do anybody have some clues abouth the errors ?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Hey!

Ok, it was about a year since I first tried this on my ChromeBook, and a recent dev update to ChromeOS rendered my Crouton/Ubuntu installation a tad broken. So, I thought I'd try a fresh install and I've had what I think are some amazing results! I installed Xfce4 via crouton and also applied the crouton integration, meaning I get Xubuntu (and also FD), "natively" within ChromeOS. (By which I mean an easier access Virtual window/terminal in ChromeOS). It also means I can access the ChromeOS area within Xubuntu, meaning I should be able to sync my FlashProjects with the Downloads folder and GoogleDrive.

Check out François Beaufort's excellent G+ post on setting that up. I chose Xfce4 over Ubuntu this time, as my initial reinstall of Ubuntu with Unity2D killed the speed and bloated the OS install.

Thanks goes to tomchiverton, for his wine scripts, which mostly worked a charm, but had a bit of issue with the 64bit wine installer, and I also opted not to install donet40, and it was all happy with the latest FD4.7.1!

Computer: Samsung Chromebook XE550
Processor: Intel Celeron (64bit) 1.3Ghz
Ram: 4 Gig
OS: ChromeOS running Xubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit with xfce4, through Crouton via the crouton integration app

Here are the exact steps I took... (some can obviously be removed/reordered)

The steps:
1. Installed wine1.7 - terminal commands:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install wine1.7

2. Tried the start of tomchiverton's script - terminal commands:
Code:

Got a load of errors. The added the directiories

3. - terminal commands:
Quote:
mkdir ~/.wine-prefixes
mkdir ~/.wine-prefixes/fdevelop

4. Repeated step 2.

5. Continued with tomchiverton's script - terminal commands:
Code:
winetricks dotnet20sp1

Got the dreaded "Can't install dotnet20 on 64bit" popup. Did some Googling/reading...

6. Then did - terminal commands:
Quote:
rm -rf $HOME/.wine
rm -f $HOME/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine*
rm -rf $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine
rm -f $HOME/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine*
rm -f $HOME/.local/share/icons/????_*.xpm

7. Repeated step 5. dotnet20 installed nicely

8. Installed FlashDevelop 4.7.1 - terminal commands:
Quote:
wine FlashDevelop-4.7.1.exe

Had a very quick play, but everything I've used so far seems to run happily.

1. AppMan installed ok, including the Flex and Air SDKs.
  2. Themes seems to work and change nicely (annoyingly didn't on my last install, last year).
  3. The Project/File/Output menu still looks a bit flaky, but not a show-stopper and is similar to my previous install too.

Next I just need to install a FlashPlayer/debugger and give it a proper whirl, but in honesty, it's working so far as I'll probably need.

Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next