View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
FlashDevelop and Air 13 / 14 issue 

When I have tried AIR 13 or 14 ( beta ) in Flash Develop, there have been a few issues with the UI.

When I try to bring up the Project->AIR App Properties dialog, I get an error stating "The file ...application.xml is not a supported AIR application descriptor file. The AIR runtime version '14.0' specified in the file is not supported by the property editor. Click OK to continue and edit the file using AIR 4.0 properties only"

This happens if I specify anything above 4.0 ( 13.0, 14.0, 5.0, 4.1 etc ).

When I click on Project->Properties..., the dropdown in Output Tab for Version only goes as far as 4, even though in the SDK Tab I can see Flex 4.6.0, AIR 14.0

Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 am

Just as a quick follow up, I've been trying to test the new 13.0 / 14.0 "-useLegacyAOT no" option for faster iOS building.

Mon May 19, 2014 10:15 am
Admin

This limitation in FD UI is only cosmetic - it doesn't prevent you to set version 14 in the application.xml

Mon May 19, 2014 1:56 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Philippe, thanks for the info - even though it's cosmetic only, is it possible to get a fix for it, where it maybe takes the maximum number available directly from the AIR version selected?

Tue May 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Just a quick heads up - while FD now shows the correct version of AIR up to 14 ( thanks for that fix! ) , it doesn't show 15 ( the current official release ) - not sure if it works with AIR 16 beta either.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Now it's happenning in AIR 24/25.

The first issue is the AIR/Flash Player versions in Output > Platform. That's easily solved by navigating C:/Users/*Name*/AppData/Local/FlashDevelop/Settings/Platforms/AS3 and adding the corresponding versions in the XML files inside.

The second issue is due to the AIR/Flash Player version being released after a mayor FlashDevelop version has been realeased, and they do not update the AirProperties.DLL file, so when we press in the AIR Application Property editor icon, it throws a Warning if the version in the application.xml descriptor file is not the same as the highest version in the AirProperties.DLL file. I tried to modify that file with Resource Hacker and with .net Reflector, no luck.

So, there are 3 workarounds:

1- Forget about the AIR Application Property editor icon and edit everything in the application.xml descriptor file.
2- Set the air version in the application.xml descriptor file to the one highest version added in the AirProperties.DLL file (displayed in the warning) and the warning goes away.
3- Wait until the next FlashDevelop release (haha)

Regards

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Hello, good answer here!
You can use the development version here that fixes the bug : http://flashdevelop.org/downloads/builds/
But be careful, this is not a stable version: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3529

The bug has been fixed here:
Https://github.com/fdorg/flashdevelop/c ... 743d467ba5

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]