View unanswered posts | View active topics

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Possible to convert swf to avi? 

I'm wanting to convert an swf to avi, problem is that the programs i've found that claim they can do this won't export scripted swf's becuase the timeline is one frame only. This led me to swfmill / mtasc thinking that if a scripted movie can't be exported to avi, I'll build it as a movie instead (using .net instead of actionscript with xml). How can i add frames to the timeline and make them longer than 1 frame? Or, is there a program that can convert a scripted swf to avi?

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:16 pm
Admin

There are a few SWF->AVI capture tool which work like screen capture tools so they can capture interactive/scripted SWFs.

This one is free but I didn't try it: http://www.pizzinini.net/projects/swf2avi/

Notice that this kind of converters usually can't generate high-framerate videos.

At work I simply use a commercial screen capture tool. I modify my SWF to play at half speed, capture it, and accelerate to final video.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

I'm afraid that's not what I am looking for. The conversion from swf -> avi has to be done on the fly on a server. Too bad there is no way of positioning clips on the timeline.

Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:01 am
Admin

Ah if you don't give all the information, it's hard to help ;)

I'll be very interested to know what tools you tried to use.

Yes you can add frames in a SWF using Swfmill: SWF -> XML -> add frames in XML -> SWF
For Swfmill documentation, you should check the tool's website/mailing-list.

I also experimented a few years ago with QuickTime in Java. I don't know if it's still possible but it was (note that it's limited to Flash 5 (scripted) SWFs and AFAIK it only runs on Mac and PC). The SDK had plenty of examples and I managed to use it in a console application to render an SWF off-screen and capture the rendering to images (and I confess I'm not a good Java coder).

Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:32 am
Profile WWW

I'm wanting to convert an swf to avi, problem is that the programs i've found that claim they can do this won't export scripted swf's becuase the timeline is one frame only. This led me to swfmill / mtasc thinking that if a scripted movie can't be exported to avi, I'll build it as a movie instead (using .net instead of actionscript with xml). How can i add frames to the timeline and make them longer than 1 frame? Or, is there a program that can convert a scripted swf to avi?

Flash To Video Encoder

8)

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:28 am

Tue May 08, 2007 6:13 am

Flash CS3 will export to movie formats with code simulation.

Woo woo

Tue May 08, 2007 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Flash CS3 will export to movie formats with code simulation.

Woo woo

THAT is big news :)

Tue May 08, 2007 8:31 am
Profile WWW

I use Moeya SWF to Video Converter to convert swf to avi and other formats, it can record the interactive actions, I always use it to convert flash game to my PSP, it can resolve the problem you just met.
you can have a free trial.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:11 am

Imposible is nothing like nike ! :D

So you can try one simple but very powerful tool it's Flash To Video Encoder by geovid.com :wink:
if you on Mac use Macvide FlashVideo Converter 8)

best wishes :)

here link to download and more about if you need http://geovid.com/Flash_To_Video_Encoder

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks Gunsta, i try and i LIKE IT :!:

PEOPLE Flash to Video Encoder really good tool :wink:

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 am

We tried Geovid and Moyea... but they both have issues with frame rate especially on higher resolution... (though, I must say Geovid is somewhat better, but Moyea capturer has some API, so you can tell it to start / stop capturing from flash for eg.). Now we're developing our own solution, but it is rather specific to our own data format and we don't intend to make it generic tool for capturing any SWF.
And you have to keep in mind there're lots of problems if you'll try to make a generic tool for that. For instance, if you'd need to run several capturers simultaneously in different threads, then it will be quite difficult to record sounds (we didn't find a good solution for that, so we record sounds separately and then combine them with video). + if you have streaming video inside the SWF you want to capture that's quite tricky because it is much likely that video will go out of sync with the rest of your SWF. Oh, and surely, since in AS3 you can alter the FPS from code, sometimes it may be quite difficult to figure out at which FPS the captured SWF is running / how you should record that.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:27 am

Depending upon the success you receive while using SWF to AVI converters, you may consider using a screen recorder. Although it is not as fool-proof as an automatic converter, it can work a lot better sometimes -- especially if you need sound or are driving your SWF through Actionscript.

There are a lot of screen recorders out there, but CamStudio with the CamStudio codec seems to record pretty well, and its free.

As well, I believe that the Quicktime exporter in Flash CS4 is improved over CS3, so if you own CS4 or are using a trial you may be able to have your needs met there.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:38 pm
Profile WWW

wvxvw wrote:
We tried Geovid and Moyea...

i also tried both programs. geovid's Flash to Video Encoder PRO seems to be a reliable program of a high quality. moreover moyea has a little bit too complicated interface, from my point of view... :oops:

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:02 am

iwisoft flash swf to video converter is the best swf converter I have tried. It supports Flash swf movies including action scripts, movie clips and sound. The output avi video has good quality, easy to use. And it's the cheapest one. It's worth the money.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next