View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
FD 3.3.1 Flex SDK Path not updating in Air Projects ? 

If there is no Flex SDK path configured in "Settings" -> "AS3 Context" -> "Flex SDK Location" FD will create an Air project which has "bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin" as test command. This will fail to compile and start the adl, which is correct since there is no Flex SDK location.

But if i set the "Flex SDK Location" afterwards it won`t update the "test command". In former versions of FlashDevelop the command has been "$(FlexSDK)\bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin" which automatically used the Flex SDK path if available.

Futhermore i noticed that (if a Flex SDK path is set previous to project creation) the "test command" will contain the absolute path to the Flex SDK. What happened to $(FlexSDK)? This broke some of my projects and makes it necessary to update the Flex SDK for each project by hand. Also a change of "Custom Path to Flex SDK" in the project settings seems to be ineffective.

I am using FD 3.3.1 (clean install, but i did uncheck the "Install Flex SDK" checkbox) on Win Vista SP2 64-bit, .NET 3.5 SP1

[edit]: i just noticed that in the project template "<option testMovieCommand="$(FlexSDK)\bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin" />" the command still is "$(FlexSDK)\bin\adl.exe;application.xml bin" but it seems to be replaced when converted to an actual project.

I composed some screenshots to illustrate my problem http://geoathome.at/_stuff/fd_331_flex_ ... roblem.png

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

You're right this is a bug - previously this argument was not processed in project templates but it was added recently so it would be processed in .BAT scripts (for certificate creation & packaging).

Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

Fixed in SVN.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:37 pm
Profile WWW

Thank you :) and *thumbsUp*

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]