View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Breakpoints not working 

Hello,

I've worked through some of the previous posts trying to fix this problem but I haven't had any luck. I reinstalled the flash debug player. I updated to the latest flashdevelop 5.3. The output panel works fine, but the debugger is not "breaking" at the points. I can see the points in the the debug panel. This seem to happen completely spontaneously. Any insight or direction very much appreciated!

EDIT: Also, when testing/debugging the pause button is grayed out. Not sure if that's normal as I don't use that feature much.

EDIT2: This is odd, I checked my other machine with almost an identical environment except it's win 7 pro. No issues with breakpoints, same project, same dot net, same java.

EDIT3: OK noticed I was getting a debugger error in the output so I tried reinstalling the latest java but it didn't help. Now I get this error:

Debugger startup error. For troubleshooting see: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/in ... itle=F.A.Q
Error details: net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIException: Can't find jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
at c:\program files (x86)\flashdevelop\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or c:\program files (x86)\flashdevelop\bin\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or c:\program files (x86)\flashdevelop\lib\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or c:\program files (x86)\lib\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\FlashDevelop\Plugins\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\FlashDevelop\Plugins\bin\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\FlashDevelop\Plugins\lib\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
or C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\FlashDevelop\lib\jni4net.j-0.8.8.0.jar
at net.sf.jni4net.Bridge.FindJar()
at net.sf.jni4net.BridgeSetup.AddBridgeClassPath()
at net.sf.jni4net.BridgeSetup..ctor(Boolean autoAddBridgeClassPath)
at FlashDebugger.DebuggerManager.Start(Boolean alwaysStart)
[Capturing traces with FDB]

EDIT4: This seems to be related to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13008. Can anyone confirm, is this still an open bug with no fixes? What about a workaround with an older version of java and even FD if necessary. Need them breakpoints.

EDIT5: OK, I got this working by following the other topic linked above and downloading the development build. Looking forward to the next official release!

sys info:
dot net ver 4.0
win 7, home, sp1

-Cybo

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Argh, this issue started happening again after a restart. I thought it might be because flash player may have auto updated. So I reinstalled the debugger. That didn't fix it so I reinstalled the dev build (both my old download and the new one). Also tried the latest release 5.3.1 That didn't work.

It's this same debugger error again: ( I also get a no SDK descriptor found on occasion, but it's intermittent and I don't think effects anything from what I can gather from other posts)

Debugger startup error. For troubleshooting see: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/in ... itle=F.A.Q
Error details: net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIException: Can't load java class for flash.tools.debugger.concrete.DValue_ from classLoader sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@1f80c0e ---> java.lang.LinkageError: flash/tools/debugger/concrete/DValue_ : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIEnv.ExceptionTest()
at net.sf.jni4net.jni.JNIEnv.CallObjectMethodPtr(IJvmProxy obj, MethodId methodIdNative, Value[] args)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(String par0)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.LoadClass(String name, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.LoadClass(String name, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterClass(RegistryRecord record, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.BindJvm(RegistryRecord record, ClassLoader classLoader, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.BindJvm(RegistryRecord record, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterType(Type type, Boolean bindJVM, JNIEnv env)
at net.sf.jni4net.utils.Registry.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly, Boolean bindJVM)
at net.sf.jni4net.Bridge.RegisterAssembly(Assembly assembly)
at FlashDebugger.DebuggerManager.Start(Boolean alwaysStart)

Is there a way to get around this, an old FD ver? An old java ver? Any help much appreciated!

EDIT: Good grief, this is working sometimes and not other times. I kept playing with different java versions, and even air SDKs, and eventually it worked, don't know how long this will last. Likely won't restart until another fix. I hope a fix comes soon. Again, any insight / reply greatly appreciated.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 am
Admin

The first error should be fixed in 5.3.1 and that second error seems to complain about too new Java.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Mika,

Thanks for the reply. I did try the latest release, some earlier ones, and the dev builds. I tried some earlier java vers too. I changed the air output, platform version to a lower version 23.0 (air mobile) under project settings. I'm not sure but this may be what temporarily fixed it. It also still sometimes throws an "Internal Debugger Error" after quitting (a successful) debug session.

I'm sort of afraid to restart since it took so much fiddling to get it working last time. I also noticed that the new java 9 only seems to be in 64bit, is that the direction Oracle is moving? And if so is FD going to support the newer versions? Is it a huge deal if it doesn't?

Thanks for all your hard work on this great software!

-cyboman

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm
Admin

We don't have an issue with 64bit but some of the tools do have issues with differing Java versions and/or bitness. FD has a 64bit exe next to the 32 bit exe but you need to make sure you use 64 bit java as well when using it.

Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:29 am
Profile WWW

Hi Mika,

Thanks for the reply regarding the bit architecture.

I ran into the problem again with the debugger not connecting / breakpoints not working. I think I've narrowed it down to where the issue is happening. It seems that if I adjust any properties under project > properties > output tab, it will for some reason break the debugger. Since the project autosaves, the only way I tracked it down was by reverting to an old save of the project file. The way it's setup I can see FD automates the creation of the app xml from these properties. As it is, I cannot change any of these items like the output file or background color without breaking the project. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
-cybo

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]