View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Slow typing and text selection 

I've been noticing some issues with slow typing and a lagginess when highlighting text. File size, number of files open and particular project open don't seem to have an effect. The sluggish text highlighting is usually very slight, but it seems to be a fairly new issue.

The input issue is fairly inconsistent so it's hard to describe how to reproduce it, but the sluggish highlighting is more consistent. The easiest way to see it is to have a single file open with a single long line of text, then highlight from left to right, back and forth. When I do this at a moderate speed, there is a noticeable lag of a few characters. The faster you move, the greater the lag. I have compared FlashDevelop to other editors and IDEs, and the problem is definitely only in FlashDevelop.

Most recently I've been using HaxeDevelop 5.2.0.3, which has the issue.

I also had an old version of FlashDevelop installed (Either 5 or 5.1, but I can't remember which it was) which fine and text highlighting was fast. I updated that to 5.2 and the slower highlighting started. I also tried the nightly build which also has the slower highlighting.

Not sure if it's relevant but I have a custom scale factor set in windows to scale things up on my high DPI monitors.

Windows 10 1607 build 14393.1066
.NET 4.6.01586

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:25 am

I previously posted that I was no longer having the issue after an update, but it has returned. It seems that restarting my computer will make it feel responsive again for a while. I'm still not sure what is triggering the lag.

Something else to note is that the output panel is not affected. When I am getting lag in the editor panels, I can still select text nice and fast in the output panel.

Sat May 06, 2017 8:42 am

Got the same problem here...
I tried deactivating everything in the editor, but the typing is still very slow.
The more lines in the file, the slower the editor becomes.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]