View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Android Project / Android Packaging GUI 

Since AIR now comes to Android (http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/air2/android/) it would be nice to have an Android/Air Project Preset or an Android Packaging (.apk creation) Dialog.

To illustrate the process i quote from a guy who created a batch (.bat) file to do the packaging.

Quote:
>The projetct
- create a new AIR project (AIR AS3 Projector or AIR Flex 3/4 Projector

>The compialtion :
- merge Flex SDK 3.2+ with Air SDK 2.5 (copy & paste Air SDK folder in Flex SDK folder)
- check the Flex sdk path in Tools > Program setting > AS3Context > Flex SDK location
- set the xmnls propertie in application.xml : <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/2.5">
- set the supportedProfiles param to mobileDevice : <supportedProfiles>mobileDevice</supportedProfiles>
- then compile (F5)

>Create a certificate :
To create a .air or .apk file, a self-signed certificate is needed, follow these steps :
- edit CreateCertificate.bat to change the path to Flex SDK,
- edit CreateCertificate.bat to set your certificate password (default pwd : "fd")
- run CreateCertificate.bat to generate your self-signed certificate (right click on the Create.certificate.bat file > execute)
- wait a minute before packaging.

>Package and install the app :
- dowload the customized PackageApplication.bat attached in this post
- edit this CreateCertificate.bat to set the path to Flex SDK and the path to Android SDK (line 8 and 9).
- Launch your Android emulator (if you want the installation to succeed, the emulator MUST be running)
- Right click on CreateCertificate.bat > execute, then type your certificate pwd twice (for .air & . apk)
- You can notice two new folders in your FD project : air & apk, if you look at the Emulator, the app should be there!

thx in advance and keep up the good work :)

Fri May 28, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

Yep I helped Alan write the Android-friendly Batch and we'll add an Android template in the future.

Until then you can simply duplicate and modify as described the AIR template in FD program files.

Fri May 28, 2010 2:55 pm
Profile WWW

:!: AWESOME :!:

Fri May 28, 2010 3:37 pm
Profile WWW

Got it working but how do you force the app to only run in landscape mode?

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 am

_geo_ wrote:
Quote:
>Package and install the app :
- dowload the customized PackageApplication.bat attached in this post

Unfortunately there's no PackageApplication.bat attached to the post.
Could you please show show it's content here?

I used the one mentioned in this post and faced problems.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Ok, I found the PackageApplication.bat you mentioned over here https://prerelease.adobe.com/project/fo ... 24D&forid={DE38C2EF-3575-45B9-9320-F3D03884447D}&topid={53E0B797-59BB-4BA4-8D45-BC25D3ED585B}&tp=1

You should've posted this link.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:53 pm

momijigari wrote:
[...]You should've posted this link.

You`re right, sorry, but by the time i wrote this post i had not been sure whether i was allowed to post links to the adobe prerelease forums or not.

I rewrote the .bat, created a FlashDevelop Template from it and postet a tutorial on my Blog (german only, but you can use google translate).

Direct link to the template:
FlashDevelop Air Template

It`s quite similar to the iPhone Template i created which has been linked by maxdisher: iPhone Template Thread

I will post both Template Tutorials here if i can find the time to do a proper translation.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:24 am
Profile WWW

_geo_ wrote:
momijigari wrote:
[...]You should've posted this link.

You`re right, sorry, but by the time i wrote this post i had not been sure whether i was allowed to post links to the adobe prerelease forums or not.

I rewrote the .bat, created a FlashDevelop Template from it and postet a tutorial on my Blog (german only, but you can use google translate).

Direct link to the template:
FlashDevelop Air Template

It`s quite similar to the iPhone Template i created which has been linked by maxdisher: iPhone Template Thread

I will post both Template Tutorials here if i can find the time to do a proper translation.

This thread makes me think we should have an iphone versus android battle. I personally am an Android guy through and through as I was very impressed with the video I played after using some dvd burning software. For some reason it just fees like a much more technical tool to me.

What is everybody's assessment? I would love to hear some conflicting opinions.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't get it: can I use FlashDevelop, and eventually other FREE tools to create android applications?
I just need to download data from a site upon user input.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]