View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
What should be the next big thing in FD? 

AHOLLA wrote:
To be able to build and deploy to mobile/air without having to edit bat files.

I don't know if anyone gathers statistics about the ways people use FlashDevelop, but a method to prioritize new features might be to use a formula similar to this:

Number of people who would use a new feature × the amount of time it would save each user

You might decide to assign a weighting to each factor – e.g., the number of users is more important than the amount of time saved, or vice versa. You would also obviously want to factor in the amount of time it would take to implement a feature (coding + debugging + potential to adversely affect other parts of FlashDevelop's code). But that's the general idea: to try to come up with an objective way to assign an approximate value and cost to each new feature request.

If you were to take that approach, then AHOLLA might be right: having an AIR GUI for generating a project's -app.xml file and for generating the command line call to adt could result in the most bang for the buck, so to speak. Not a huge timesaver, but there would be a lot of users and I'm guessing it could be implemented in a way that doesn't involve touching many other parts of FlashDevelop's source code.

I would steal as much of Flash CS6's 'AIR Publish Settings' dialogs as legally possible and then improve on them. For AIR for iOS projects, you could add a tab for common iOS settings in the -app.xml file's <iPhone><InfoAdditions> node, such as UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend, UIFileSharingEnabled, UIPrerenderedIcon, CFBundleURLTypes/CFBundleURLSchemes...Considering Adobe's increased frequency in releasing new versions of AIR, adding something similar to Flash CS6's 'Manage AIR SDKs' panel would result in additional time saved. Extra credit: provide a way for users to save and load publish profiles.

My personal vote for a new feature would be to integrate a unit testing framework(s) such as FlexUnit, which has versions for both Flex and AS3-only projects. This feature would have fewer users than the AIR GUI, but the time savings would be much greater per user (and might encourage people who have never done unit testing to give it a try).

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm still interested in an easier way for updating the sdk.
That would really help for important updates (forget to set the compiler etc. )

Nov1: FD 4.1.0. releaesed (Air 3.4 integrated)
Nov6: Air 3.5 released

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:31 am
Admin

We need to be sure before integrating it that it works. We always try to provide updates after the new SDK's are released.

The next release will be soon.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 am
Profile WWW

alright :)
thx for the great work

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:47 pm

2 things that I miss the most in my daily work:

* Class rename/move re-factoring.
* Persistent code bookmarking system. (with ability to group bookmarks) (inteliJ does it well.)

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Deril wrote:
2 things that I miss the most in my daily work:

* Class rename/move re-factoring.
* Persistent code bookmarking system. (with ability to group bookmarks) (inteliJ does it well.)

Group bookmarks?

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 am
Profile WWW

grouping bookmarks in folders is needed, so could group them by features while you work on them. (and not drown in pile of not related bookmarks)

(also having ability to map a bookmark to a key would be nice...) ctrl+alt +<1..0> to store... ctrl + alt + <1..0> to go to bookmar for example.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

Deril wrote:
grouping bookmarks in folders is needed, so could group them by features while you work on them. (and not drown in pile of not related bookmarks)

(also having ability to map a bookmark to a key would be nice...) ctrl+alt +<1..0> to store... ctrl + alt + <1..0> to go to bookmar for example.

I still don't understand what it should look like.
However the Bookmarks panel groups bookmarks per file.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:12 pm
Profile WWW

Mika wrote:
We need to be sure before integrating it that it works. We always try to provide updates after the new SDK's are released.

Wouldn't the solution be to decouple Flash Develop versions from AIR SDK versions? Adobe has already solved this problem in Flash CS6 by allowing users to add each new AIR SDK as it becomes available, and then allowing the user to specify which AIR SDK to use when publishing.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:17 pm
Admin

Grue wrote:
Mika wrote:

Wouldn't the solution be to decouple Flash Develop versions from AIR SDK versions? Adobe has already solved this problem in Flash CS6 by allowing users to add each new AIR SDK as it becomes available, and then allowing the user to specify which AIR SDK to use when publishing.

Yes this decoupling is being worked on.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Philippe wrote:
I still don't understand what it should look like.

Scenarios:

Add bookmark:
- standard add bookmark -> bookmark goes to bookmark panel main folder.
- OPTIONAL : shortcut to add bookmark AND set shortcut key. (ctrl + alt + 1). (then : alt + 1 -> go to bookmark place. )

Create bookmark folder:
- press on "add folder" button -> panel opens to name folder -> folder is added to bookmark panel main folder.

Organizing bookmarks:
- drag and drop bookmark from main folder to custom sub folder,(or from subfolder to main folder...);
- delete bookmark/folder.
- clicking on folder -> expands/collapse folder.
- OPTIONAL : add shortcut to bookmark.

Go to bookmark:
- clicking on bookmark in panel
- OPTIONAL : using shortcut if set.
- next/prev bookmark in the file.

Bookmark panel view:

######################################
[add folder][delete][set keyboard key shortcut]

1 MyNamedFolder:
1.a file X, line x bookmark in my custom subfolder
1.b file Y, line y bookmark in my custom subfolder
2 featureIworkOn:
2.a file A, line a bookmark in my custom subfolder
2.b file B, line b bookmark in my custom subfolder
3 file Z, line z bookmark in main folder

######################################

In any case.... making bookmarks persistent, (not disappearing then project, file is closed) would be nice first step in right direction.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:53 am
Profile WWW

MSI installer for Windows 7/8 (64-bit or 32-bit) instead of (or additionally to) Nullsoft Installer. MSI installer is usually highly desired by administrators who use AD and group policy deployment (as the matter of fact SCCM 2007/2012 deployments too).
Main reasons: highly configurable (installation options, FlexSDK downloads included, EULA accept, installation folder, etc ..), silent installation.
Nullsoft Installer offers little command line options (usually /S - silent, /SD - very silent, and /D - install folder).
MSI installer could be configured using Orca, InstEd, similar toos (for example, by creating Transforms) for GP deployment.

Thank you in advance.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 am

Can you add prugins repository, to install them directly from application, like in IntelliJ IDEA? I think it is very useful for all.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:41 am
Admin

Deril: Bookmarks should persist, are you using any 3rd party plugins? And what are your system details?

Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:46 am
Profile WWW

Mika wrote:
Deril: Bookmarks should persist, are you using any 3rd party plugins? And what are your system details?

I disabled all my plugIn - but bookmarks still behaves not convenient.
- disappear from "Bookmarks" panel if I close the file with bookmark.

also I discovered - bookmarks are removed with autoFormat.. :( I use it often.

my plugins (AntPlugin.dll, AutohideMenu.dll, Duplicate.dll, EditorMiniMap.dll, FindFiles.dll, LineCounter.dll, NavigationBar.dll, NumToColor.dll, PreviousEdit.dll, Trace.dll, TraceUtil.dll, VSComments.dll)
My system: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, 4096MB RAM, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next