View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
What should be the next big thing in FD? 
Admin

We are getting near the final release cycle of FlashDevelop so in the future we (or atleast I) have more time for new plugins. What is your suggestion for the next plugin? This list should be used so that anyone could pick up a plugin idea from this list and start to develop it. (Of course, you should tell us what are you working on :)

The List Of Future Plugins:

* SO Reader/Writer

Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:05 am
Profile WWW

FD really needs better documentation, I would suggest putting up a Wiki for this.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:18 am

1) (not really a plugin) start work on AS3

2) further development of project panel to include refactoring help

For example:

- dragging a class to another location would change references + import statements in the current project

- auto-generate required import statements (FDT does something like that)

3) Subversion version management plugin (integrate with project panel/file browser?)

4) Search/replace plugin (including across multiple files)

:)

- Nils.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:08 pm
Profile WWW

1. UI to change the most important settings (like edit-preferences, edit-keyboard shortcuts). The F9 option should be regarded as an advanced tool, and should allow the user to edit almost everything, what comes to mind is that you have to edit the ScintillaNET.xml to change bg-color, font etc.
I think this is actually the last part of FD that you really feel is a "standard option" thats missing.

2. Help documentation regarding FD would be great.

I think the two above really closes the circle for FD as the number 1 AS2 editor out there (as for me it already is ;) ).

/Bobby

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 am

3) Subversion version management plugin (integrate with project panel/file browser?)

Would be better to integrate the explorer right-click menu, then you could do more and use TortoiseSVN/CVS/VSS and not have to reinvent the wheel.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:57 am
Admin

Would be better to integrate the explorer right-click menu, then you could do more and use TortoiseSVN/CVS/VSS and not have to reinvent the wheel.

Good idea... probably harder than it sounds, but good idea ;)

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:12 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, but for long term it's a better investment than overloading the right-click menu over and over again.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:08 pm

Mutliple projects in the projects panel would be nice

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:42 pm
Profile WWW

- dragging a class to another location would change references + import statements in the current project

Now THATS a good feature!

Pete

Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:54 am

I agree with evl on the need for documentation. A wiki would be great. Also, a blog-like website (just like Sepy´s one) would be nice also!

Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:27 am
Profile ICQ WWW

1. UI to change the most important settings (like edit-preferences, edit-keyboard shortcuts). The F9 option should be regarded as an advanced tool, and should allow the user to edit almost everything, what comes to mind is that you have to edit the ScintillaNET.xml to change bg-color, font etc.
I think this is actually the last part of FD that you really feel is a "standard option" thats missing.

2. Help documentation regarding FD would be great.

I think the two above really closes the circle for FD as the number 1 AS2 editor out there (as for me it already is ;) ).

/Bobby

I'll second the first point.

Mon May 08, 2006 2:34 pm

Quote:

Awsome feature to add. Would make things much easier.

Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 pm

CVS and subversion integration via the Explorer right-click menu would be awesome! Would save some roundtrips. Other than that, all I want is AS3 support. How about a ftp plugin?

PS: Now that I've recently switched to Mac, I would of course love a Universal Binary version, but I understand we'll have to wait for the Mono project/winForms. Using Paralells works ok, but native is even better :)

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

PS: Now that I've recently switched to Mac, I would of course love a Universal Binary version, but I understand we'll have to wait for the Mono project/winForms. Using Paralells works ok, but native is even better :)

I just switched to mac as well, FD works great in Parallels but I'm definitely giving some more thought now to a native solution :wink:

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:04 am
Profile WWW

I have no idea what it would take to enable support for refactoring ala Eclipse or IntelliJ, though I'd be happy to help as soon as I learn C#. It's a great tribute to FlashDevelop that I can even imagine an AS editor competing with Java IDEs. In Eclipse (and even more so in the awesome but expensive IntelliJ) common refactorings are only a few hot keys away. Support for refactoring would definitely be a BIG thing.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 280 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next