View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Option to see traces without debugger 

Most of the time I use the debug build to see traces, not to use the debugger, which is insanely resource intensive and runs even an empty project at 35 fps.

I have seen this requested numerous times but always dissed as "impossible". However, it is absolutely possible, even the Flash IDE manages to do this with a simple checkbox.

The "omit trace statements" compiler option seems to be ignored, probably overwritten by flashdevelop compile settings.

I have actually figured out a get this to work in flashdevelop, but it's less than ideal. It involves uninstalling java - without java the debugger can't run, but the project still compiles and runs fine in "debug" mode, shows traces without a single problem. And no insane slowdown (since the debugger is not running).

I'd very much like to be able to have this work as a simple checkbox, instead of having to resort to drastic measures like uninstalling java. Any chance this can happen?

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:05 pm
Admin

You can disable the debugger for starting from Settings -> FlashDebugger -> Start Debugger On Test Movie. :)

Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Oh wow, it actually works!

I could have sworn that setting caused me to not get traces. Maybe it was a problem with my installation that was fixed later on.

Thanks. :)

Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]