View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
OpenFL / Haxe full refactoring 

The complete refactoring for OpenFL would be great !! Since it appears that OpenFL extend the possibilities of Haxe, what good to have other targets in the Haxe gatégorie in project creation screen? Should not focus on OpenFL appears to be the AS3 of the future? :mrgreen:

Le refactoring complet pour OpenFL serait formidable !! Comme il semble que OpenFL étende les possilités de Haxe à lui seul, à quoi sert d'avoir les autres targets dans la gatégorie Haxe, encore présents dans l'écran de création des projets? Ne faudrait il pas se concentrer sur OpenFL qui semble être l'AS3 du futur? :roll:

My Website: http://www.pureas3.be

Fri May 22, 2015 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

OpenFL is just a very specific use case and far from the main usage of Haxe - I for one never use OpenFL but only the pure JS target, for command line tool I use neko target, etc.

Sat May 30, 2015 2:22 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, but if haxe can compile to js and Neko etc. from a single code written from a openfl project, I was not clear. When I create a new FlashDevelop project and I want to compile html (for example) or JS, what template I have to select FD? haxe> html or haxe> openfl? and if I want to keep this code to compile to mobile, it will work? I struggle to understand.

My Website: http://www.pureas3.be

Sat May 30, 2015 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

If you want to target JS as in targeting the DOM/Canvas/WebGL using the regular browser APIs or using Pixi.js/Phaser/CreateJS, then you should create a Haxe JS project. Those options will be more efficient than OpenFL.

If you want to target native mobiles you may choose OpenFL - or maybe HaxeFlixel or HaxePunk on top of OpenFL, or you may want to look into Luxe engine, or maybe even Kha (if you're brave).

Or maybe you want to do small portable games (HTML5/Flash/AIR) then you may look into Flambe, which is quite popular on game portals.

* Luxe, Flambe and HaxeFlixel have their own way to generate new projects so it's not included in FD.

And we're only talking about games here. So to sum up, Haxe is not OpenFL.

Sat May 30, 2015 8:51 pm
Profile WWW

Hi phillipe, in this regards, what is the best practice to try to make an extention of a project panel for OpenFl via 3rd party plugin?

I think it's something similar to Air propertis plugin, but with , or am I wrong?

Sun May 31, 2015 8:37 am
Admin

IAP wrote:
Hi phillipe, in this regards, what is the best practice to try to make an extention of a project panel for OpenFl via 3rd party plugin?

I think it's something similar to Air propertis plugin, but with , or am I wrong?

Yes you might want to do something like AIR properties dialog. But I think this can be fairly tricky to offer a UI that handles any moderately complex OpenFL project file.

Sun May 31, 2015 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

I think the least that can be done is allow editing of the project.xml in a gui, like the properties grid view of the Project Properties panel, and also have a list of build switches like -Dlegacy or -Dnext .

Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:13 pm
Admin

How do you make a GUI for an XML that can have things like that:
Code:
<window background="#000000" fps="60" />
<window width="800" height="480" unless="mobile" />
<window orientation="landscape" vsync="false" antialiasing="0" if="cpp" />

(that's inside one real project.xml)

Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]