View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Properties Panel 

Before I start the request, I should say excellent work so far. As a dev, I know I always appreciate hearing it when people say it.

That being said, It'd be real nice if the properties panel allowed the changing of the font size and or color etc. These settings are one of the first things I think most developers tend to change before they start working - personally, I like to make my coding environment as customized as possible .

I know that you can currently do that using the Xml files and it's likely not a priority (understandable), but if I hadn't used the scintilla editor before, I would never have found it.

I know it's being brought up before so it's probably being worked on, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Thanks

qtstorm

Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:28 am
Admin

It's at the very bottom of our TODO list, but maybe someone will want to contribute a settings plugin :)

Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:00 am
Profile WWW

I was just searching the forum for clues on doing just that.

I've been checking out the IDE all day and now I'm ready to get serious... but first i needed to change the background to black... which was easy enough. changing the cursor to white stumped me.

I'm sure I'll figure it out. but qtstorm is right this is one thing we all do.

Great work!

james

edit :caret color is in the settings.xml file, little bit tricky to find. Yet still easier than finding a black caret on a black screen.
Code:
<setting key="FlashDevelop.CaretFore">0xffffff</setting>

Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]