View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
[FD5] EditorMiniMap v1.5.1 

Editor MiniMap for FlashDevelop 5

Renders a miniature version of the open file in a bar to the side of the editor. The current visible lines are highlighted so you know exactly where in your code you are. Click on the map to scroll quickly through your code. Configure the highlight color, map width, map placement, map font size and more.

Code Preview popup on mouse hover.

History:

v1.5.1 - Ignore empty lines when auto-scrolling the code preview. Removed toolbar button for toggle minimap.
    v1.5 - Disable preprocessor lexing, resolves #1. Automatically scroll code preview based on indentation.
    v1.4 - Fixed bug with non-en_US locales. Better support for high DPI. Updated to work with FD5.
    v1.3.1 - Fixed issue with single click (especially noticeable when not showing code preview) as reported by mrpinc.
    v1.3 - Mouse scroll wheel can now be used to scoll the MiniMap for long files.
    v1.2 - MiniMap scrolls when dragging text over it. When in split view it scrolls the editor from which the drag was started.
    v1.1 - Code preview follows the mouse until click or leave. Fixed bugs reported by mrpinc.
    v1.0.1 - Fixed bug when clicking the MiniMap in a large file registers two clicks.
    v1.0 - Right mouse button now scrolls split editor. Code preview popup when hovering.
    v0.9.5 - Added support for split view which highlights both visible areas.
    v0.9.4 - Now targets the .Net 2.0 Framework.
    v0.9.3 - Fixed issue when scrolling with collapsed code. Fixed issue when removing because of too many lines of code.
    v0.9.2 - Fixed issue with additional maps being added when a file was moved.
    v0.9.1 - Changed Dispose order to avoid update events after disposed.
    v0.9 - Added optional toolbar button for toggling the mini map. If you have problems with large files, I added a configurable line limit. Fixed some synchronization and stability issues.
    v0.8 - Lots of changes to improve stability, scrolling, and performance.
    v0.1 - Initial creation

Downloads:

Thanks go to

• The FlashDevelop team for making an awesome product and being very helpful in the forums
  • Everyone who has submitted a bug report or suggestion

My other FlashDevelop work

Last edited by JoeyRobichaud on Sat May 30, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 am
Profile WWW

I love it. It's been requested a couple of times here on the forums. If you keep up this pace with the plugins we're going to need a weekly PiMP my IDE session from JoeyRobichaud.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:24 pm
Admin

Madness! ;)

I suggest you reduce calls to sci.Text as they mean a marshalling + 8bit>utf8 conversion of the entire text between the native & .NET worlds.
Also you might add also some kind of security, for instance ignoring very large files.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:45 pm
Profile WWW

JoeyRobichaud, it is very interesting plugin :) Is it possible to add button on toolbar to switch map visibility on and off?

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:46 pm

@Philippe

I will move the Text changed checking to only run on TextInserted and TextDeleted.
What is the best way to determine if it is a 'large' file? Just check LineCount?

@dir
There is a menu item under the View menu and you can setup a ShortCut for it. I could probably sneak in a toolbar button as well.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

JoeyRobichaud wrote:
There is a menu item under the View menu and you can setup a ShortCut for it. I could probably sneak in a toolbar button as well.

Sorry, I did not see it in menu. :oops: But imho it will be fine if there will be an option in plugin settings to put the button on toolbar or not. :)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:43 pm

excellent plugin!! well done! It looks well with 150 width.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:06 am

@dir

I added that toolbar button. Enjoy =)

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:30 am
Profile WWW

JoeyRobichaud wrote:
I added that toolbar button. Enjoy =)

JoeyRobichaud, that is great! Thank you very much! :D

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 pm

I love it! :D

Now only two things are missing for me (but they are not easy to implement, so I won't cry about them):
- display function and definition names with a bigger font
- move the mouse to a portion of the map while dragging to have the editor jump to this place

I love you additions to FlashDevelop :)

Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 am

There is a bug, when I'm changing a project and all the files are closed, I got this exception and FD quits:

Code:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.Perform(Int32 directPointer, UInt32 message, UInt32 wParam, UInt32 lParam)
   at ScintillaNet.ScintillaControl.get_LineCount()
   at EditorMiniMap.ScintillaMiniMap.UpdateMiniMap(Boolean forceUpdate)
   at EditorMiniMap.ScintillaMiniMap._updateTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks for the plugin JoeyRobichaud.

Is there anyway to change the colour of the hi-lighted area on the mini map? My current scheme colours mean that anything in the hi-lighted area gets washed out.

Cheers.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 am

highlight color is in the plugin settings

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks, not sure why I missed that!?

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:07 pm

@IAP

I will investigate scrolling on Drag, but I won't be able to tweak the size of Member names.

I am trying to reproduce your error without luck. I did find that I was disposing before I stopped my update timer. I will try to have a new build out this evening.

Thanks!

Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next