View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Plugin Questions 

Hello,
I'm playing around with plugins and have a few questions. So far I downloaded the source for FD and made a new plugin project copied the source from the Sample Plugin and have my dll, which worked fine in FD4 and displayed a dialog when I launch FD. Here are my questions :

1. How can I make the plugin only display it's dialog when a toolbar button is clicked? I don't want it to be visible when you launch the application.
2. How can I get the projects folder paths in my plugin? I need to get the root of the project so I can go through and parse the as mxml files etc.

Thank you!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:32 pm
Admin

The sample plugin creates a panel, which can be docked or floating by default. Panels are listed in View menu.

You can add new toolbar buttons programmatically - I suggest you look in ASCompletion plugin's PluginMain.cs to see how it creates buttons, menus and even associated user-modifiable shortcuts.

The project data are globally accessible as: PluginCore.PluginBase.Project

To track active project changes, see in the sample plugin how it listens to file-switch event. Likewise you can listen to ProjectManager plugin events "ProjectManager.Project":
http://code.google.com/p/flashdevelop/s ... Main.cs#44

Note:
Plugin devs often get into FD by "sniffing" all the commands exchanged by the plugins that way.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks Phillippe!

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]