View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
FlashDevelop Source Control plugin 

Hi Philippe,

I just installed windows versions of GitHub, a GUI and a CLI version. How can I integrate it in FlashDevelop? Is this possible?
I tried change link in source control parameters, but nothing appaer in contect menu.

Thank you. :roll:

My Website: http://www.pureas3.be

Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Admin

At least if the command line follows git's you should have the context menu and overlays, but FD expects TortoiseGit for the GUI.

I'll try to make it compatible with github tool.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:20 am
Profile WWW

The url is down.

I can't download the source control plugin :(.

Is there an available link anywhere ?

Thanks !

EDIT: Nevermind, The plugin is included in FD4 now :)
Great plugin by the way.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Hey guys, long time no see.

Switched jobs, switched Source Control. Now using git.

My suggestion for this would be, is it possible to view the current branch name next to the root/git root folder name?

I'm not asking for the ability to switch or create branches, just a simple view. So it would look like

Projects
|
|- Game (master)
|.....|- src
|- Game 2 (feature-shoot)
......|- src

Excuse the formatting. Trying to write this on my phone.

Is this out of the realm of possibilities?

- Colin

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:56 pm
Admin

Good suggestion Colin.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:27 am
Profile WWW

I'm using FD 4.5.2.5 with Mercurial (TortoiseHg 2.10.1), and found out that by dragging and droping a file to a different project directory, the SCM doesn't get updated about that, the file is just moved in filesystem. Instead it should just do a SC move/rename, and both will be synchronized.

I hope this feature becomes available sooner than later, I have a lot of moves to do :)

Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Code:
git commit -m "just added rubbish" .
Unable to start command:
The directory name is invalid

I'm having the same issue when I try to commit a single file. Path to git is set correctly, git on the command prompt is working, other source control features (e.g. Diff) are working ok from the FD project panel.
When I opened my project folder in explorer and used the TortoiseGit commit > master entry from the context menu on the same file, it committed successfully.
So what's the reason for this "unable to start command"? I would guess that "git" receives an invalid path spec (maybe a relative path?). If the directory name (which is invalid) would be printed, it would be much easier to see what's going on. I wish people will start making more meaningful error reporting. Some programs report errors so cryptic, they might as well justsegfault...

Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 pm
Admin

Koshmaar wrote:
I'm using FD 4.5.2.5 with Mercurial (TortoiseHg 2.10.1), and found out that by dragging and droping a file to a different project directory, the SCM doesn't get updated about that, the file is just moved in filesystem. Instead it should just do a SC move/rename, and both will be synchronized.

I hope this feature becomes available sooner than later, I have a lot of moves to do :)

We used to call the SCM to perform move operations, but it was considered harmful with git. It probably is still active for svn.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

heilong wrote:
Code:
Unable to start command:

I'm having the same issue when I try to commit a single file. Path to git is set correctly, git on the command prompt is working, other source control features (e.g. Diff) are working ok from the FD project panel.
When I opened my project folder in explorer and used the TortoiseGit commit > master entry from the context menu on the same file, it committed successfully.
So what's the reason for this "unable to start command"? I would guess that "git" receives an invalid path spec (maybe a relative path?). If the directory name (which is invalid) would be printed, it would be much easier to see what's going on. I wish people will start making more meaningful error reporting. Some programs report errors so cryptic, they might as well justsegfault...

Maybe some special char in your project path?

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:38 pm
Profile WWW

Philippe wrote:
heilong wrote:
Code:
Unable to start command:

Maybe some special char in your project path?

My path is short and simple with no special chars or even spaces.
C:\project\apps\FXCalc\src\path\to\ClassFileIWasTryingToCommit.as

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:05 am

Quote:
Unable to start command:

I have the same problem. Any help?

HaxeDevelop 5.2.0.3
TortoiseGit 2.2.0.0
Git 2.6.2
Win 7

Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 am

Is your git in some special path? Googling I also see people having this people when trying to run applications as a different user, but I don't think this could be the case.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:55 am

Neverbirth wrote:
Is your git in some special path?

No, just regular installation. As mention early, committing does not work only for context menu command. Committing from git-bash, git-gui or tortoise works fine.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:38 am

I'm curious, what happens if you disable temporarily UAC? could you try just for a quick test?

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5