View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AutoVersion 

volatile wrote:
Hello.
Nice plugin working well in FD3.
After i moved to FD4 i have downloaded latest version from google code and receive 2 exception on before build

I guess this is with some already existing project? If so, could you send your .version file, and tell me which type of project is this happening on?

Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:45 am

Neverbirth wrote:
volatile wrote:
Hello.
Nice plugin working well in FD3.
After i moved to FD4 i have downloaded latest version from google code and receive 2 exception on before build

I guess this is with some already existing project? If so, could you send your .version file, and tell me which type of project is this happening on?

@Neverbirth: I was just getting my act together to post on this.

I am getting the same 2 messages. I played around with some new test projects and I think it's only happening when using "Other IDE" as the compilation target. I'm having compiling in the Flash IDE and it seems to always report that the compilation was a failure whether or not it compiled fine in the Flash IDE. The previous version didn't exhibit this problem.

I would get the first message (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.) when changing the compilation target to "Application", but on a successful compile it seemed to work properly thereafter.

FD4; Windows NT 6.1; Media Center PC 6.0; WOW64; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E

And here is my .version file
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><autoVersion autoUpdateVersionData="True" versioningStyle="None.None.Increment.Increment.Both.Both.Build.Both.None.None.None.None" revertOnError="False" versionFilename="src\org\mbayaq\util\Version.as" versionTemplateFilename="build\Version.fdt" startDate="10/21/1975 00:00:00" incrementBeforeBuild="True" smartUpdate="False" useGlobalSettings="False" updateAirVersion="False" />

BTW: I really like the plugin, thanks for your hard work.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

The object reference bug is solved. I wonder why I didn't come across it on any of my latest tests, because it is quite obvious, and it should happen most, if not all, times.

The second bug is in part because of FlashDevelop (I was missing a condition check as well tho), it doesn't honour the FD build events, but why it dispatches a build failed event is beyond me, I think I tested a Flash IDE project before releasing the last version and I didn't see it happening with FD 4 Beta 1, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 pm

I've uploaded a new version with both bugs solved. Sorry if they caused any problem.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:16 pm

It's working in my preliminary tests. Thanks!

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:21 pm

Thank you for your work.

I want to recommend one improvement:
--> Version.as file created in $(PackagePath). Not the root of the "src".

Sorry if you do not understand me. My English is not very good :)

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Neverbirth, I'm experiencing a problem with a setting but I'm not sure its due to my set up or not.

So you might remember from our previous conversions that I use CS4 for my compilation. I'm noticing that when I enable 'Revert On Error' my version file never gets updated despite the build being successful. Is this related to your discussion above?

Also I wondered if you could clarify something for me. The 'Configuration Type' option lets you decide if you want the settings to be applied when performing the chosen build action in either Release, Debug or Both configurations correct? If this is true, is there any way to separate the options so you can have a completely new set of version settings for Release or Debug? (think I have asked this before but can't remember the reply) Even better a new set for the 'Build Action' too? This would mean all the following could have different version settings and would modify the version file differently:

Use 'Build' in Debug configuration.
Use 'Test' in Debug configuration.
Use 'Build' in Release configuration.
Use 'Test' in Release configuration.

This might seem over kill, but I think it would be hella useful.

Finally, do you have an example of the 'Version Class Template' as unless I'm being dumb I can't seem to find one.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:00 am

Just a friendly reminder Neverbirth. I know you said you were busy, but if you get chance to reply that would be great.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:48 am

I'm not forgetting it, but I'm really busy with a couple of projects, going to bed at 2-3 am, and getting up at 8-9 pm, funny as hell.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:09 am

I bet!? Hope you had a nice holiday period at least. :?

Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:55 pm

*poke*

This thread still alive?! Hope your situation has improved Neverbirth.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:31 am

I do not forget about this, IAP, but my situation hasn't improved, on the opposite, it has become worse heh. Aside from my daily job, I'm working as a freelance, and recently stablished my own mobile company with other two people, and our first app is doing rather good for now.

Due to this I'm working on some mobile improvements for FD which will release ASAP (although I wouldn't be surprised if some of them would be released by other people before I do so).

Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm

Just downloaded and installed this plug-in.
I feel a bit daft as I cannot figure out how to access the generated version # in as3 code; nor can I find documentation stating how to do so.

Was hoping for something like:
Code:
import flashdevelop.plugin.AutoVersion;
//...
var version:String = "Release " + Version.major + "." + Version.minor + " build " + Version.build;

Do I need to create/modify a template file to output a version # variable or is there an import I can do that will give me access to this version?

Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile WWW

tronster wrote:
Just downloaded and installed this plug-in.
I feel a bit daft as I cannot figure out how to access the generated version # in as3 code; nor can I find documentation stating how to do so.

Was hoping for something like:
Code:
import flashdevelop.plugin.AutoVersion;
//...
var version:String = "Release " + Version.major + "." + Version.minor + " build " + Version.build;

Do I need to create/modify a template file to output a version # variable or is there an import I can do that will give me access to this version?

IIRC, the plugin is disabled by default (inherited Build Version Increment Add-In behaviour) and you have to enable "Update version data".

The plugin already has a default template that will create a Version.as file in the root package, and will allow you to use:

Code:
Version.Major, Version.Minor, Version.Build and Version.Revision

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Thank you Neverbirth; that did it!
Was just a matter of "import Version;" and then using the code as you described.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next