View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
FlashdevelopPMD 

Just a real minor thing, but perhaps you should put the file in the /obj folder. That way it stays out of the way in case someone closes FlashDevelop while the plugin is processing and its a good place to keep it if you ever provided the option of leaving the XML file in place. If you choose to leave the XML file in place, I would also recommend naming it by the project name, like the other files located in the /obj folder. That way multiple projects will not overwrite each other. A project called "My Project" could have the file "MyProjectPMD.xml" or something like that.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

elyon wrote:
Just a real minor thing, but perhaps you should put the file in the /obj folder. That way it stays out of the way in case someone closes FlashDevelop while the plugin is processing and its a good place to keep it if you ever provided the option of leaving the XML file in place. If you choose to leave the XML file in place, I would also recommend naming it by the project name, like the other files located in the /obj folder. That way multiple projects will not overwrite each other. A project called "My Project" could have the file "MyProjectPMD.xml" or something like that.

I second this suggestion :)

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

Ah, yes, i like this! It's not like Xcode's Clang implementation but hey, it's a great first step ;)

Perhaps Adobe's results viewer could be opened standalone in a browsertab directly by using the "?report=[URL of the report]/pmd.xml" querystring? http://blogs.adobe.com/xagnetti/2009/09/load_pmd_results_directly_in_t.html

This tool is aimed primarily at Flex, wouldn't it be nice to have a ruleset aimed at "normal" AS3 development ....

Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile WWW

:( I hit CTRL-SHIFT-A and it shows "Analysing Project", then nothing happens...

If i hit CTRL-SHIFT-A 2 or 3 times really fast, I get a pmd.xml file in my src folder, when I look in that it seems to have the proper results in it
but I am getting nothing in my results panel.

FD 3.0.4 -- Windows Vista 64bit

any ideas?

Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 pm

@fmotagarcia I also need a version that would either run PMD on the files in my project (.as3proj) or on a selected folder instead of a folder called '/src'.
I know that Adobe will be releasing RC5 of flexPMD this week do you have any plans to update your current plug-in soon?
Great job on the plug-in look fwd to more release!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 pm
Sponsor

I've just came across FlashDevelopPMD/FlexPMD and have found it useful - already highlighting some glaring oversights in my code. :lol:

Have there been any more developments in this area? I notice there hasn't been a post on the topic for some while, which either means everybody is just quietly using the RC3 Flex PMD pack linked here, OR something better has came along?

Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:23 am

Hi there!

I have two issues with the plugin:

1. occasionally, the analysis only starts after two or three presses of ctrl-shift-a
2. The results appear in the results panel, but the panel is emptied as soon as the analysis is complete. I can see the panel being filled, but as soon as PMD has finished, they all disappear :( Not very useful this way.

I'd be thankful for any ideas concerning the second issue :)

Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:42 pm

FYI: I just noticed on Adobe's page they officially announce FlexPMD compatible with FlashDevelop!
http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/displa ... md/FlexPMD

They even link to some details a user posted in an Adobe group:
http://groups.adobe.com/posts/8f4c3bbe01

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile WWW

Hi, decided to try this plugin. Installed it and tried to run. The output shows this:
Code:
Running: java -Xmx256m
-jar "C:\sdks\pmd\flex-pmd-command-line-1.0.jar"
-s "C:\projects\DynamicVideo\external\src"
-o "C:\projects\DynamicVideo\external\src"
-r "C:\sdks\pmd\flex-pmd-ruleset-1.0.jar"

(I added the line breaks)
And nothing happens :S What am I missing?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 pm

When PMD plugin is enabled, ResultsPanel cleans it content after I save any document.
I think it is not good behaviour.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am
Profile WWW

I read about PMD and this plugin some weeks ago, so I went over to test it some days ago with latest FD source and PMD version and couldn't make it to work...

Could anyone tell me if they have the same problem or I'm doing something wrong?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:22 am

Hi, plugin works successful except issue with result window cleaning.
my settings:

Custom rules can be omitted.
To create custom rules edit xml file or use url:
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/flexpmd/bin/flex-pmd-ruleset-creator.html

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 pm
Profile WWW

After looking at the last screenshot, decided to try this one once again, it now works. Maybe it was some fault of the FD version I was using (some revision between the 3.0.6 and 3.1.0 RTM releases), because I haven't changed any setting.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm
Admin

Any chance to get the source so that we could improve it?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm
Profile WWW

Nothing happens after I run the plug in, just displays "Running: java -Xmx256m -jar "C:\" ...etc and hangs there stuck. I noticed someone using vista had a similar issue here. I am using win 7 x64 Flash Develop 3.3.2. i had this work in a past version and different os install and was impressed with the tool. Any ideas I could try?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next