View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
[FD3][FD4] ExportProject (Publish, Document, Merge, Archive) 

ExportProject plugin

The ExportProject plugin enables four simple but useful features for FlashDevelop:

• Create Documentation

Create documentation for your AS3 projects without configuration! If your project is set up to publish using the Flex SDK, your SWC files and global classpaths are configured with ASDoc automatically so you can create documentation without hassles.

More information on publishing documentation for Flash IDE projects can be found on this post

• Create Source View

Useful for sharing your code online, you can create a source view folder to browse the class files in your project.

• Export Build Directory

Export the build directory of your project to a ZIP archive you can use for launching a site or sending to a client. Projects can be built automatically using release configuration, and files or folders you don't need can be automatically filtered out.

• Export Entire Project

Export your entire project to a ZIP archive for making source code deliveries. With one click you can build for release, apply file and folder filters, generate documentation and source view files then merge global classpaths so your project will build without additional dependencies. This is ideal for reusing code in global classpaths while still making functional deliveries to clients.

Installation

• Make sure you are using a recent release of FlashDevelop (viewforum.php?f=11)
  • Run ExportProject.fdz or ExportProject (FD4).fdz
  • Restart FlashDevelop
  • If you are upgrading and you experience "Access Is Denied" errors, you may need to open FlashDevelop using "Run As Administrator" to finish the installation

Configuration

Settings are located under Tools > Program Settings > ExportProject. If you are upgrading from a previous version of ExportProject, your settings may be lost. Double-check to make sure that the plugin is configured to suit your needs.

Feedback

Please let me know how this works for you! Post any bugs you experience, or ideas on how I can improve the plugin!

Version History

09/07/2011

• Fixed compatibility with the newest versions of FD4
  • Added "DDMMYY" and "DDMMYYYY" date stamp formats, and a new option to change the date format separator from the default dash format to periods or no separators, if that is what you prefer

01/19/2011

• Fixed compatibility with ASDoc for newer Flex SDKs
  • Added "Ignore Package Names" to documentation. Now you can include all of the classes, global or local, in your project, but exclude packages which cause trouble or are unneeded in your documentation

01/12/2011

• Recompiled for compatibility with FlashDevelop 4

11/30/2009

• Fixed a regression in the "Create Source View" feature

10/26/2009

• Fixed "Create Documentation" for projects which contain many supporting classes
  • Fixed a rare "path is not a file" error

09/29/2009

• Fixed "Create Documentation" for Adobe AIR projects

08/09/2009

• Added an "Include Global Classpaths" setting for creating documentation. Now global classpaths can be excluded when your project is built using the Flex SDK
  • Removed the "Optimize Bytecode" setting since this is now included in FlashDevelop
  • Fixed a bug where generated AS classes where not being excluded

08/04/2009

• Removed redundant build settings and merged them together into one category
  • Added an "Optimize Bytecode" setting since this is no longer included when using release configuration
  • Fixed a bug when opening settings files of the wrong version. These files are now overwritten with the default settings to ensure compatibility

08/02/2009

• Fixed a bug which occurred when changing projects while exporting
  • Fixed a bug where a table of contents file would be generated when documentation had failed
  • Added a dialog to provide the choice to continue or abort exporting when documentation fails

08/01/2009

• Added support for documenting AS3 projects which are not compiled using the Flex SDK
  • Added support for modifying the date stamp on archive names
  • Added support for incremental exports
  • Fixed a bug where previous archives were being included in exports
  • Fixed a bug where ASDoc was not recognizing Flash 10 classes

06/26/2009

• Fixed an issue where the Flash IDE was being launched when exporting
  • Fixed an issue where documentation failed in projects using compiled classes

06/16/2009

• Added "Create Source View"
  • Updated the icons again
  • Restored ToolStipButtons for each feature

06/15/2009

• Added "Export Build Directory"
  • Relocated "Export Entire Project" to File > Export
  • Relocated "Create Documentation" to Tools > Flash Tools

05/15/2009

• Updated plugin using new icons

04/27/2009

• Added table of contents generation using TocGen. Documentation published using ExportProject is now fully compatible with OpenTheDoc
  • Added a button for creating documentation without performing a complete project export

04/24/2009

• Modifying your Additional Compiler Options is no longer necessary for using "When Needed" global classpath exports
  • The optimize bytecode setting has been removed, since this applies automatically when using release configuration
  • Added support for creating documentation using ASDoc

04/23/2009

• Fixed an issue when trying to export a project when no project is currently open
  • Fixed an issue when trying to export a project with no local class paths
  • Fixed an issue when trying to export a project when the first local class path was located outside of the project folder
  • The release configuration setting now works properly

Last edited by elyon on Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 48 times in total.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile WWW

I've just updated the plugin and resolved a few scenarios:

• Fixed an issue when trying to export a project when no project is currently open
  • Fixed an issue when trying to export a project with no local class paths
  • Fixed an issue when trying to export a project when the first local class path was located outside of the project folder
  • The release configuration setting now works properly

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:45 pm
Profile WWW

I've just updated the plugin again, this time resolving some key areas:

• Modifying your Additional Compiler Options is no longer necessary for using "When Needed" global classpath exports
  • The optimize bytecode setting has been removed, since this applies automatically when using release configuration

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:18 am
Profile WWW

Good news! ExportProject now publishes documentation for AS3 projects using ASDoc.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile WWW

Ooh, this sounds really spiffy and is exactly what I need right now, coincidentally. Will test it soonish. :D

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:47 pm

Fantastic! Does exactly what it says on the tin, doc generation is great, and the file filter to keep those pesky svn files out is wonderful. Thanks a million, this makes mailing projects around and archiving them so much easier, thanks to the global class inclusion. So painless and simple :D

Brilliant! :D Essential plugin really.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Glad you love it :)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Haven't tried it yet, but this functionality is Exactly what I needed. By the way, is it possible to make an option to archive only files that where changed from a specified date?

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:58 pm

Ah, that's an interesting idea. So your idea would be to provide incremental updates, which would need to be combined together to make them functional?

In order for this to work for you, would you need to be able to specify the exact date and time to include, or would it work alright if the plugin automatically grabbed the date and time from a previous export?

I'll explain how it works now, and how this option might work:

Currently if you export your project three times in a row, you should have three identical zip files with separate names. If you project were called "My Project" and you did this today, they would be named "My Project (04-28-2009).zip", "My Project (04-28-2009) (1).zip" and "My Project (04-28-2009) (2).zip"

However, if I implemented this idea of grabbing the previous date and time, the second and third files would not exist, since there were no changes. If you made small edits to your project and exported a fourth time, it would see that "My Project (04-28-2009).zip" already exists and it would create a new file that includes only the files that were changed since then. If you wanted to create a new complete export, you would delete all of these files from the directory. Otherwise, with this option enabled, it would continue to create incremental updates.

I'm also considering that I may split the "Export Project" command into two separate options: "Archive Project" and "Export Project". I'd love to hear your feelings about this. When I zip up a project, I usually do so for one of two reasons: an update to the compiled version of the project, or a full update of the complete project. For this reason I think it may make sense to add an additional option.

If you pressed "Archive Project", it would compress the full project just like the current "Export Project" command works now, but if you pressed "Export Project" instead, it would export only a specific folder name rather than everything in the project, such as "bin" or "Export"

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

Nice plugin but i have a problem extracting plugin to plugin folder.
I am getting this error.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\FlashDevelop\Plugins\'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at FlashDevelop.MainForm.ExtractZip(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:38 pm

I am using RC2
could you please place the dll file too.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:42 pm

The problem is gone
after updating to RC5.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:49 pm

Here is my First Feedback

Exactly what i need. Especially exporting global and used classpath.
Is there a way to not export hidden files ?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:03 am

The plugin includes its own file and folder filters to exclude files and directories you consistently do not wish to include in your exports. These settings are located under Tools > Program Settings > ExportProject. Would this meet your needs, or do you need it to recognize which files have been hidden explicitly under the Project panel?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 am
Profile WWW

Exactly
i need to not export the hidden files under project panel.
Which you set via Flashdevelope (Ctrl+H)

I checked to not build during packaging.
But it opens Flash IDE each time. I think its trying to publish swf file each time.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next