View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Build SWC from FD! "ExportSWC" plugin [beta] 

yeah you're right... fixed now

It's a weird thing, that the main download in the sourceforge project page targets the BETA version of FD4.

It's quite unorthodox to do so, if not incorrect - but at least misleading and prone to cause this kind of situations

Usually the main download targets the latest stable build. Just like FD

anyway it's fixed, still working with the latest stable build of FD3

thanks for the quick reply

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Yeah, I ran into that problem at first too, so I figured it was the same issue. I'm sure it's tough for plugin developers if they want to start targeting the next version of FD. Plugins for FD3 and FD4 aren't compatible, so you'd either have to maintain two different branches of the plugin, or just stop maintaining the older version. Can't blame Warappa for taking the easier route! It's generous enough that they're putting time into maintaining even one branch... now I DEMAND you fix this ASDoc problem, Warappa! :wink:

Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:15 pm

I also got the "Error loading: Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll" message. Compilation of projects works fine.
When I start "compc.exe" manuall from the Flex Installation folder I get: "MSVCR71.DLL not found".
I have .NET 2.0 SP1 installed.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:35 pm

If I using default compiler options CONFIG::debug and CONFIG::release (actually, if I understood correctly the source code of FD, they are compiler constants), I can't build the result swc, because there are compiler errors in this case. The one way I found is manually insert these options into plugin-generated config xml.
Can you add these compiler constants support to your plugin?

Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Hi, I am getting this error when attempting to export my project as an SWC:

Code:

_a1a9216973bb5ffe04e57e450aed0c2e97a780705344bfcb9b6bfcc83b4c4ddd_mx_core_FlexModuleFactory.as(27): col: 16 Error: Interface IFlexModuleFactory was not found.

implements IFlexModuleFactory, ISWFContext
               ^

_a1a9216973bb5ffe04e57e450aed0c2e97a780705344bfcb9b6bfcc83b4c4ddd_mx_core_FlexModuleFactory.as(27): col: 36 Error: Interface ISWFContext was not found.

implements IFlexModuleFactory, ISWFContext
                                   ^

AsDoc complete (2)
Build failed (2).

I am using FlashDevelop 4.0.0 RC2 (R2147) and the latest FlashDevelop 4.0 plugin available at the ExportSWC sourceforge website.

I would be very grateful if anyone had some clue as to what this error means or how to fix it.

Thanks a lot!

Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:37 pm
Admin

I tried this plugin briefly and ran to the same issues as Thorjelly. I resolved this issue by adding append="true" to the generated *.flex.compc.xml file's library-path and source-path elements.

I think this part is required for easier integration. Otherwise you need to manually add default SWC's too.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

I'm just getting an "Unhandled exception"

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\antonio.brandao\Adobe Flash Builder 4.5\src'.

It seems like it is by default looking for a "src" folder in the folder where I have the FlashDevelop project.

But in my case, my project is using several "src" folders.

Also, it results in the same crash if I just try to access "Configure"

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Using FD4 RC3

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Mika wrote:
I tried this plugin briefly and ran to the same issues as Thorjelly. I resolved this issue by adding append="true" to the generated *.flex.compc.xml file's library-path and source-path elements.

I think this part is required for easier integration. Otherwise you need to manually add default SWC's too.

Hey Mika,

Could you explain how to accomplish this? I've added 'append="true"' attribute to the source-path and library-path elements in said file, however whenever I attempt to export the swc it just seems to generate a new *.flex.compc.xml file which does not have those additions.

Thanks!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 pm

This seems to be including classes which have the [ ExcludeClass ] tag...... which results in build error since these classes should be excluded

This is happening for example with OSMF, in which such cases happen

any possibility of fixing this ?

package org.osmf.net
{
[ExcludeClass]

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:57 pm

would be nice if one could pass a flex-config.xml.
That way one could set compiler constants and make other shenanigans

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:15 pm

Perhaps a bit double (since I also commented at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3443462&group_id=252536&atid=1127375).

But with FD 4.0.1 RTM, ExportSWC 4.2 on Win7 64bit, I always get this message:
Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at ExportSWC.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority prority)
   at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

This happened just after updating to a clean FD 4.0.1 with new ExportSWC 4.2 while trying to open older projects (from FD 3.3.4 RTM). As you might suspect, it's quite annoying.
At the bugtracker it seems as if someone already patched it himself, perhaps that fix can be used?

Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:58 pm

RaptorRVL, i have the same problem after install last version of this plugin (FD4.0.1)

How to select classes for use in swc?

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Mika (or anybody else that knows) - could you please explain how to add the append="true" to the library-path and source-path tag elements. I assume we need to edit the compiler options but i'm not sure how (obviously the compiler options are overwritten when going to export the swc so editing the produced xml file is no good).
I too am having issues and have had to revert to compiling my swcs via the Flash IDE, is this issue due to the combination of FD4 & ExportSWC 4.2 ?
Alternatively, is there another GUI based swc compiler tool for FD (although i do really like this one from Dragonworx)

Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 am

I'm using CONFIG::debug and CONFIG::release for conditional compilation. The ExportSWC Plugin doesn't appear to support either these or compiler constants set in Project Settings. The "Prebuild Meta" option outputs an XML file which I can manually edit, but this has no effect since the file is overwritten as soon as I try to compile the SWC.

Is there any way of getting conditional compilation to work either with ExportSWC, or perhaps some other method (how???) of generating a SWC?

Advantages include: Code completion and hinting, easier-to-read code, macro libraries and more.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:35 pm
Profile WWW

I am having trouble using the ExportSWC plugin with FlashDevelop 4.0.4, so I started searching for an update of the plugin that is compatible with the version I use, however I did not find anything useful.

I do hope that there will be a compatible version of the plugin soon, because I love it, and use it a lot.
In the mean time, I came up with a temporary solution for anybody who has the same problems I am having:

I wrote a batch file that does the trick, however, for every project that I create (and want to export to swc) I need to create a new batch file.
The batch file looks like this:
Code:
cd C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk\bin\
compc.exe -source-path C:\path\to\your\project\src -include-sources C:\path\to\your\project\src -optimize -output C:\path\to\your\project\bin\theDesiredNameForTheSWC.swc

The first line is a command that navigates to a directory that neets to be the directory in which the FlexSDK's compc.exe file is located.
By default that directory is "C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk\bin\".

The second line does all the magic:
compc.exe runs the compiler
-source-path is a command that sets the classpath to where the imported original source code is located.
-include-sources is a command that sets the path to were the compiler should set it's root to start from.
-optimize -output is a command that sets the desired path and name of the exported swc.

I hope this helps anyone until there will be a new version of the ExportSWC plugin available.

Cheers.

-------------------------------------
Edit
-------------------------------------

I have found a solution that works for every (AS3) project, without having to change the paths in the batch file.
Copy the following lines of code:
Code:
set filename=ExportedSWC
set location=%~dp0

cd C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk\bin\
compc.exe -source-path "%location%src" -include-sources "%location%src" -optimize -output "%location%bin\%filename%.swc"

and place them in a new .bat file called something like "ExportSWC" or at least something similar to make sure you know what the file is about.
Then copy the .bat file to the C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Projects\120 ActionScript 3 - AS3 Project\ folder.
This will make sure that the .bat file is copied to every AS3 project you create.
The only thing you will have to do is edit the filename variable every time you start a new project, so that you get the desired name for the SWC file, or you can just rename the file after exporting it.

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next