View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Developing Plug Ins 
Admin

rnelson wrote:
Mika and Philippe,

Is there any way to extend the project settings with plugin specific settings? I would like to have an additional Debug tab with per project debugger settings.

No, the settings panel is populated using .NET Reflexion.

However you should be able to add menu items in main menu and a toolbar button in the project's panel.

PS: also if this kind of features would be user-specific then they should be stored in the plugin's Data directory.

Wed May 06, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile WWW

Would it be possible to develop GUIs for plugins using Flash?
Or would these be too difficult to integrate in an .NET workflow?

Guess there are more Flash than .NET developers around here...

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:04 am

I don't think a tutorial, or development kit is necessary to create plugins for Flash Develop. I knew nothing about FD (granted I do have some winForms experience), and it took me a few hours to do what I wanted.

Getting the source for one of the available plugins and going from there is the best way to go.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:52 pm
Admin

A tutorial would be useful - currently there is just a SamplePlugin in the SVN which gives most information needed to get started.

Also a script to duplicate cleanly the SamplePlugin would be helpful.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Profile WWW

I'm new to c# and I'm playing arround with the sample plugin. When I create a Form it seems not possible to add Controls dynamically, same goes for getting the values from TextBoxes, ListBox etc. I've created a Windows Forms Application before so I know what I do should work.

Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong. :oops:

BTW I really love FlashDevelop. :P

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:26 pm

FD4:
How can I inject buttons in to context menu at project manager panel over root noode (project name)?

"ProjectManager.TreeSelectionChanged" is dispatched after selection changed but root node is selected after project loaded. I must select other node and select back root node to can inject button (catch TreeSelectionChanged event).

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

@rapit: You should update the tree's context menu each time the selection changes (add/remove your menuitem).

@arnold: what are you trying to do? You should be able to design new forms or edit the sample's UI (a usercontrol that is added in a docking panel) using the regular UI designer.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

yes, but when project is loaded root node is selected at start and i'm almost sure that "selection changes" isn't dispatched. User open context menu on this node without my buttons (I can't inject buttons in this case). User must select another node and select back root node to can use my buttons.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Admin

rapit wrote:
yes, but when project is loaded root node is selected at start and i'm almost sure that "selection changes" isn't dispatched. User open context menu on this node without my buttons (I can't inject buttons in this case). User must select another node and select back root node to can use my buttons.

Oh ok, then that's a bug. Noted.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Fixed in SVN in FD4 branch.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm
Profile WWW

Question:
How do I get the IProject, which was really built?

I added EventHandler for 'ProjectManagerEvents.BuildComplete' and get

Project project = (Project)PluginBase.CurrentProject;

But it gives me always current (opened) project.
In my case, I need handle to the project that was build by context menu (eg. right click on .as3project file type -> "Build Project File" or "Build All")

As I see ProjectManager -> PluginMain uses BackgroundBuild() then ProcessBuildQueue() and OnBuildTimerTick()

Then the 'this.buildActions.Build(project, false, debugging);' is called (where the 'project' is the current project being built, from building queue) and in result of, the event handler BuildComplete() /or BuildFailed()/ are used.

This handler dispatch 'ProjectManagerEvents.BuildComplete' but inside of my event listener, it's not possible to get a handle to the project which was really built.

Example:
Advanced Telemetry plugin can't get path to file that was really built (from context menu) and always try to inject AT tag to CurrentPoroject.OutputPath.

Possible solutions:
Different Event Name and params or use third parameter of DataEvent(EventType type, String action, Object data) to the project handle, which was really built.
As I see third parameter /Object data/ in ProjectManager -> BroadcastBuildComplete() is hardcoded to 'null'.

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Admin

I'm sorry there is currently no way to know what is the project being built.
As you suggest, then event's "sender" and the unused data parameter could be leveraged for that.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:26 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks, I'll wait for update.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Admin

This is now fixed in SVN - the event's data is the correct project refefence now

Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 pm
Profile WWW

How do I build a plugin for the x64 version of FD? I would like to switch to using the x64 version but the Perforce plugin isn't compatible and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Actually, how do you even build the x64 version of FD? I tried building the Any CPU configuration but when I run it I just get this error:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
Error while trying to run project: Could not load file or assembly 'FlashDevelop' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
OK

EDIT: Looks like building the plugin as Any CPU did the trick. I can also debug if I just run the x64.exe directly and then attach from VS after it's running. Not ideal, but it still works.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2