View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
FlashBuild Plugin Releases [1.0 Beta 1] 

Anyone noes if flashbuild can be used wif xtrace?
If so, how do we go about doing it?

I keep getting an error that xtrace cannot be found :(

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:21 pm

Seems like adding a path in the ClassPath with the UI editor does not work. Somehow adding the classpath "C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\library" does not work in the flashbuild.xml

Despite adding the path, flashbuild was not able to find the package in the classpath that I added. Bug? or a step i missed? The compiler does not seem to be using the classpaths that were added.

Version used: 1.0 Beta 1

Anyway apart from this, this plugin is great so far! Hope the above helps in some way to improve this plugin :)

However i managed to get the xtrace working through another method:
Code:
package{
   xtrace('You will see this at the output window');
}

import flash.system.fscommand;
internal function xtrace(msg:Object):void {
   fscommand("trace", msg.toString());
}

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:27 pm

Ronin, you are correct. The Classpath editor has a bug. I am going to address it in Beta 2.

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Admin

It looks like MXML compilation is not supported?

Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:47 am
Profile WWW

Nice work. This tool is really coming together!

There is a problem with the Flash IDE build when I try to launch a .swf after building an .fla that takes a long time to compile. FB tries to launch before the compilation is complete, and gets an error because the .swf is still being used. Maybe it would be good to have some kind of delay feature.

I did find this workaround that lest me create a delay with a shell command. Seems to do the trick.
http://blog.warmbrain.com/2004/Aug/2004 ... ripts.html

Also, it would be nice if the text fields for the shell commands supported copy and paste.

Finally, it would be great to set the focus back to FD after the flash build has begun. One could write a windows script to do this, but that is a bit of a headache...

Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

1. Save stops working after 1 or 2 saves. Then I have to close and re-open the flashbuild.xml document.
2. Relative paths don't seem to work for "Test Movie".

By the way, I found you can cut/paste using right-click. But it would be nice to have keyboard shortcuts.

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:08 pm
Profile WWW

flashbuild doesn't find my AS3 classfiles stored outside the projects classes folder, even if i add them to the flashbuild.xml file. Always getting errors when compiling with flex2.

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:11 pm

Sorry about the confusion. The classpaths are meant for AS2 compilation based on MTASC. In AS3 compilation, you should configurate to use the LibraryPath and SourcePath instead, you can set them under the "Advanced" tab. I will think of a way to clean this up later on.

mimaba wrote:
hi,

flashbuild doesn't find my AS3 classfiles stored outside the projects classes folder, even if i add them to the flashbuild.xml file. Always getting errors when compiling with flex2.

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Another nice feature to have would be the ability to view/edit the flashbuild.xml directly from within FlashDevelop. If I want to do that now, I have to rename the file.

I figured out a way to switch back to FlashDevelop after a FlashIDE compilation. Just add a shell command to run FlashDevelop:
"C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\FlashDevelop.exe"

I also insert a brief delay to ensure that the FlashIDE has time to compile:
ping -n 2 -w 1000 1.1.1.1 >NUL

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

I followed the tutorial at: http://smurfmx.selfmedicatedandlivinginabucket.com/2006/08/using-flex-2-sdk-with-flash-develop.html to get FlashDevelop setup for AS3. However, I'm using Adobe Flash 9 Public Alpha, not Flex 2. Everytime I target the Flash IDE within FlashBuild for the compiler choice, it launches Flash 8. I have gone through and changed all references in the windows registry that refer to Flash.exe within the Flash 8 folder to refer instead to the Flash.exe within the Flash 9 folder.

Where does FlashBuild find/use the path to Flash.exe and how do I change this?

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:46 pm
Admin

FlashBuild needs Flex 2 because it comes with Windows binaries (mxmlc.exe) which are wrappers on Java JAR binaries. Flash 9 preview only comes with the JAR binaries and I'm not sure FlashBuild can use them directly.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 am
Profile WWW

you can use the jar that comes with flash 9 preview, but the syntax is very different.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:17 pm

But it appears that when I attempt to compile using the "Flash IDE", the .fla is opened within the Flash 8 IDE and then the Flash IDE does all of the compiling. I do not understand why I can't tell FlashBuild to function the exact same way, but use the Flash 9 IDE instead..? Am I incorrect regarding the process of how a "Flash IDE" build target is created?

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:21 pm

Flash IDE location is determined by the setting:

ASCompletion.Macromedia.FlashIDE

so far it is not intelligent enough to figure out which Flash IDE to open. I am sure once Flash 9 is in a consolidated state, I can figure out a good way to make it happen.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Ahh, this worked great. Well, it acts a little funny, but at least it uses Flash 9 to compile now. Thanks!

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next