View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
FlashBuild Plugin Releases [1.0 Beta 1] 

Does the SWF you run reside in the same folder as FlashBuild.xml, or the folder outside of the folder where FlashBuild.xml resides?

FlashBuild relies on the context of the currently opened file to find FlashBuild.xml. Everytime when a file is opened or switched, FB will look for the XML file in the current file's directory, and its parent directories till the first FlashBuild.xml is found. If FB cannot find the file, it will disable the buttons and menus.

It was built this way because ProjectExplorer didn't exist back then. Now ProjectExplorer is here and standard in FD, I think it makes sense to integrate with the plugin unless I hear any objection. :roll:

FFighter wrote:
It isn´t working for me... the bar gets grayed after I select a build profile... :(

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

it looks like Nick told about communication with ProjectExplorer, it sounds good..

project relative class pathes in FlashBuild.xml works fine for me at the moment, but testMovie attribute doesn't work with project relative path, only absolute path..
that would be nice to make it work project relative.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

Does the SWF you run reside in the same folder as FlashBuild.xml, or the folder outside of the folder where FlashBuild.xml resides?

FlashBuild relies on the context of the currently opened file to find FlashBuild.xml. Everytime when a file is opened or switched, FB will look for the XML file in the current file's directory, and its parent directories till the first FlashBuild.xml is found. If FB cannot find the file, it will disable the buttons and menus.

It was built this way because ProjectExplorer didn't exist back then. Now ProjectExplorer is here and standard in FD, I think it makes sense to integrate with the plugin unless I hear any objection. Rolling Eyes

FFighter wrote:
It isn´t working for me... the bar gets grayed after I select a build profile... Sad

Here is the XML for one of my movies:

Code:
   -->
      <movie>
         <setting key="ClassFile">Application.as</setting>
         <setting key="InputFile">fla/forms/ApplicationForm.swf</setting>
         <setting key="OutputFile">Application.swf</setting>
         <setting key="ExportFrame">1</setting>
         <setting key="ExcludeFile"></setting>

<!--
            If MovieUseInputFileSetting is set to True, all the parameters prefixed with Movie would be ignored
         -->
         <setting key="MovieUseInputFileSetting">True</setting>
         <setting key="MovieFps">30</setting>
         <setting key="MovieBgColor">#FFFFFF</setting>
         <setting key="MovieWidth">500</setting>
         <setting key="MovieHeight">300</setting>

<setting key="MainStart">True</setting>
         <setting key="KeepClasses">False</setting>
         <setting key="Separate">False</setting>
         <setting key="VerboseMode">False</setting>
         <setting key="MSVCMode">False</setting>
         <setting key="StrictMode">False</setting>
         <setting key="MergeClasses">False</setting>
         <setting key="PackClasses"></setting>
         <setting key="Infer"></setting>
         <setting key="Additional"></setting>
      </movie>

I want to compile Application.as into a pre-compiled SWF made with Flash IDE and output it to Application.swf. Application.as and Application.swf are in the same dir level. However, whenever I choose a profile, the bar becomes all grey and disabled.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

Here is the XML for one of my movies:...

try to replace
<setting key="MovieBgColor">#FFFFFF</setting>
by
<setting key="MovieBgColor">FFFFFF</setting>
without the '#' char
MTASC -header option doesn't like it..

Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

Here is the XML for one of my movies:

I cannot reproduce your problem, but I have mimic'd what you have said and created an application at:

http://www.acts.net/FlashBuild/Application.zip

Please check and see if it helps.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yepper, as soon as I get through my project crunch, I will integrate both together. I have been trying to contact Aral a few times about hosting FlashBuild on OSFlash so everyone can get the source of this plugin, so far I have not heard anything back from him.
6iyd wrote:
it looks like Nick told about communication with ProjectExplorer, it sounds good..

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW

this.mainForm.CreateNewDocument("FlashBuild.xml*", Templates.BuildFile, 65001);

but it seems to cause an error in the error log, any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Philippe wrote:
- try adding an '*' after FlashBuild.xml so it will be more clear that the file has to be saved in some location (FD considers the file doesn't need to be saved)

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Admin

Actually I'm not sure it's a good idea... FD expects all non-Untitled files to be an existing file.

You can add the '*' by changing the current Scintilla control's Tag property.

Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 pm
Profile WWW

I am sorry about my lack of knowledge in Windows application development, would you mind point out the syntax I should use to generate this XML file?

Or should I just figure out the currently selected FDP, and save the XML file there?

Thanks!

Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Admin

(I'm not sure to understand your question - please excuse my english ;))

I would suggest to just create an Untitled document with the sample FlashBuild.xml content and the user would then save it where he wants.

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:09 am
Profile WWW

I am slowly trying to bring FlashBuild to 1.0 release, and I am considering the following features, and your input would be very useful,

- Integration with Project Explorer, so FlashBuild will always reside in the same directory as the FlashProject.
- Add support for Flash IDE compile option
- Basic MXMLC support

With all the complexity and features above, I wonder if a GUI that allows you to visually edit those parameters would be necessary. The plus side is that the interface would be more intuitive, yet the drawback could be that the GUI might take a long time to construct.

As FlashBuild is designed for pro Flash developers, so I wonder if the GUI would be that important. Just a thought, and your feedback would be very useful.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I´ve been using Eclipse+ASDT+ANT but went back to FlashDevelop due to the lack of completion features of ASDT. I´m still using ANT to implement the complex build logic my project requires, as the FD project isn´t suitable for complex multi-movie workflow. Actually I don´t use the Project Management features of FD, what really helps me is the quick mtasc build feature, the rest I do through ANT tasks!

I will try FlashBuild again in my next project, its nice to see nice and useful plugins being developed (great work tangent) ;)

I´m in love with FD again :)

Marcelo.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:14 pm
Profile ICQ WWW

I like using ANT/NANT as well, it seems to be less responsible in either environment (ASDT or FD). I frequently test my movie, and eventually decided that I would write FlashBuild to have a more responsible and lighter build. Thanks for your support.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW

tangent wrote:
With all the complexity and features above, I wonder if a GUI that allows you to visually edit those parameters would be necessary.

Good point and I understand the desire to get something out vs spending time on a GUI to help edit params. I do think however, a GUI for the mxlmc compiler options would be extremely helpful in making FD a popular choice for those wishing to get into Flex.

I agree with your point that users of FD might be more "pro" type flash developers who are ok without a GUI, but I think this might just be the case for those who are using FD for MTASC. I could see a new "type" of developer using the tool though in order to try out Flex. One who might not be technically savy when it comes to command line compilers, but just wants to use a free tool to help them play around with Flex.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

I'm trying to check out Flash Build, as I think it could help with some complex projects I'm planning. Unfortunately, when I try to "Create a Build File" it returns an error "Error while creating a new document."

The ErrorList.log shows the following:

Code:
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.HasIllegalCharacters(String[] str)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName)
   at FlashDevelop.TabbedDocument..ctor(MainForm mainForm, ScintillaControl sciControl)
   at FlashDevelop.MainForm.CreateNewDocument(String file, String text, Int32 codepage)

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot find any documentation on how things need to be set up to support FlashBuild. Are there any illegal characters?

My project path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ISO_Flash_2_5

I get the same error on two separate machines.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next