View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
AS3 Library Project Extension - SWCBuild 

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum although I've been using FlashDevelop for quite a while.
I thought that I should share this little extension that I've been using to build AS3 library projects.

I know that there is already a plugin called ExportSWC. However, the reason I made this extension was that the extra button on the UI just to build an AS3 Library project which is not very often, didn't seem necessary, not to mention that I couldn't use the same shortcut keys to build the project as I would normally do with other projects.
SwcBuild solves those problems for me. (IT ALSO SUPPORTS ASC2!) Note that this is an extension, not a plugin.

SWCBuild
ActionScript 3.0 Component Compiler Tool for FlashDevelop projects.

Update: Now this extension is available in GitHub.

Details

Downloads
  • Download the swcbuild.fdz file from the latest release, or
  • Download and install via AppMan in FlashDevelop (Tools > Install Software... > Extensions > SwcBuild).

Updates
  • Newer versions:
  • v1.4.0 [29/10/2015]
    • Compiled with .NET Framework 4.0 (previously 4.6).
    • Code refactored
  • v1.3.1 [26/10/2015]
    • Added support for additional configuration file for ASDoc (obj\ASDocConfig.xml). This file is optional.
    • Code refactored and small bugs fixed.
  • v1.3.0 [25/10/2015]
    • Supports (optional) AS Documentation (asdoc) with an option to keep created asdoc XML files (keep-asdoc).
    • Library paths added with Right Click > Add To Library will now correctly be added under external-library-path instead of library-path.
    • Fixed the bug of conditional debug/release paths being swapped around. (oops...)
  • v1.2.0 [18/10/2015]
    • Supports ActionScript Compiler 2.
    • Added support for conditional output path argument, {Build}.
    • Writes obj\$(ProjectID)Config.xml instead of passing everything as parameters.
  • Didn't keep notes on older versions...

Last edited by wise0704 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:31 am
Profile WWW
Admin

Thanks for sharing. I can't see the images, would be nice to see them. :)

$(AppDir) is a bad place for templates, this directory will get cleared when FD is updated.

$(BaseDir) is best for most cases. It's either user app dir or if in standalone mode, $(AppDir).

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for replying! I don't know why you're not able to see the images. I uploaded them from OneDrive.
I used $(AppDir) since the projects use "$(ToolsDir)\swcbuild\swcbuild.exe" to run the tool.
I could change that to the user app folder, but the problem is the Projects folder. When I tried $(UserAppDir)\Projects, the New Project Panel separates projects in the $(AppDir) and $(UserAppDir) into different groups, like it creates two groups with the name "ActionScript 3" - the original and a new one only containing the new project template.
Is there any way to get around that?
Btw if the images are not showing, do the download links work for you? I used the same method for the url links.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

I downloaded the files and then the images started showing???

$(AppDir) is fine for tools, tools are not cleared on reinstall/update but the templates are. The user dir is highly suggested as it doesn't have these issues with permissions.

Sorry, no, the user templates are separated from the builtin ones by design. You can use a fully custom template path to show only the templates you want, for example from user dir.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 am
Profile WWW

Hi,

after start build swc, output window show error message - swcbuild is not valid win32 application. My OS is WinXP Pro (32bit).

Please, can you make the app working on XP?

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:19 pm

Oops, I realized that I've compiled the program in .NET Framework 4.6
No wonder it won't even get started in Windows XP - .NET 4.5+ only supports Windows 6.0 (Vista) and up.

I will recompile the program in the same version of .NET as FlashDevelop (3.5).

Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:06 am
Profile WWW

It turns out that I use a bunch of .NET 4.0 features (too many that my error list is full of X's after switching to .NET 3.5).
I can bring the version down to .NET 4.0, which is still supported by Windows XP.

However the problem is that the program uses System.IO.Compression assembly for compression, which is only for .NET 4.5+.
Does anyone know another way to do .zip update compression without using ZipArchive???

EDIT: Nevermind. I updated the program so that it swallowed the whole System.IO.Compression assembly. It should be working now (assuming that you have .NET 4.0 installed on your machine).

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Admin

PluginCore contains two compression libraries, 7zip and SharpZipLib.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:21 am
Profile WWW

Nice! :-) Now working on XP. Thanks..

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:10 pm

For some reason, the project properties window says "$(ToolsDir)" refers to "$(UserAppDir)\Tools"
but when it's actually getting evaluated, it refers to "$(AppDir)\Tools"...

Right now, I'm trying to move "$(AppDir)\Projects" to "$(UserAppDir)\Projects" and "$(AppDir)\Tools" to "$(UserAppDir)\Tools" -$(ToolsDir) does not work for extensions.

The problem is that there is no way to address "$(UserAppDir)\Tools" folder using project build arguments. Anyone got any solutions? Or should I modify from GitHub to enable $(UserAppDir) argument?

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:56 am
Profile WWW

Haha this conversation is really old. I think it was before I started contributing on GitHub?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 am
Profile WWW

I believe it's not working anymore. I followed the instructions and when building I get this error:

'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

It probably has to do with the fact that SWCBuild is not installed anymore under "Tools/".
It goes into "Apps/" now, just like @wise0704 says two comments above this.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:57 pm

@Speckhart If you go to "Project > New Project..." there should be two project templates related to SWC:
  • AS3 Library Project
  • AS3 Library SWC
I know the names are confusing, but the former is the template from my extension, and the latter is a template provided by FlashDevelop by default. The names are just that way because I made this extension before the AS3 Library SWC template was added.
The default template uses ant, which seems to be causing the error.

Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:13 pm
Profile WWW

@wise0704 thanks a lot. The "AS3 Library Project" template wasn't appearing, so I reinstalled your extension and now I can see it.

This is how it looked like before:
http://imgur.com/ahGm9Ob

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 am

Glad to hear that it works :)
Strange... which version of my extension did you install before? If it was a problem with my extension I would love to fix it.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next