View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
[FD4] Advanced Telemetry Plugin 

Little plugin that allows enable advanced telemetry (inject AT tag tagID #93 into swf file).

Right clicking on root of project tree view (AS3 projects only), allows change state of injection and set AT password.

[2013.03.12] v1.1 - update for version FD4.2.3+ (R2481+)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/10967086/downl ... n_v1.1.fdz

- right click on any *.swf file allows injecte/strip AT (uses password from current project)
- [bug fixed] "Build Project Files" from context menu on .as3proj, uses settings from clicked project (not from currently opened) - need FD4.2.3+ (R2481+),
- fixed some bugs (error at opening "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." etc.),

Few tips:

When you select/unselect "AT Enable" (or change password), you must always rebuild your project.
AT tag is injected to SWF after "Build Complete" - you should see the message in output panel: "Advanced Telemetry Enabled".

If you set the AT password in the FD, you should also set same in Scout to show Advanced Telemetry data.
(Scout -> Edit -> Preferences -> "Password to unlock protected SWF")
Otherwise (without password in Scout), Scout will always show the basic data, like if AT was disabled.

Default state of AT and default password (for new projects or project opened for the first time after installing the plugin) is in FlashDevelop -> Tools -> Program Settings -> AT Injector.

------------------------------------
To be 100% sure that plugin works and AT tag was injected:

- download and install SWFInvestigator http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/swfinvestigator/
- after build complete, drag your main swf file to SWFInvestigator
- check whether there is a tag 'null' (type 93) somewhere below 'Metadata' or 'FileAttributes' in TAG Viewer tab, (SWFInvestigator does not recognize AT tag and set it's name as a 'null')

After packaging for android app, use 7-Zip to unpack main swf from .apk and check with SWFInvestigator.

If the AT tag is in the swf, and advanced telemetry doesn't work, the problem lies in the configuration of Scout (ie. password), or the version of Flash Player/AIR (AT requires: FP 11.4 and AIR 3.4)

Last edited by rapit on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:03 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

It just works, even with an old Flex SDK as soon as you have FP11.5 - very handy.

Adobe Scout rocks!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 pm
Profile WWW

That, my boy, is a helluva job!

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 pm
Profile WWW

nice work!!!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:30 am

I just install plugin but have no idea how to enable it. Can anyone help?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 am

Hi,

Does your plugin also work with AIR AS3 Project?

I just tried with FD 4.2 and nothing shows up when right clicking on the root project tree view.

Thanks!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm

@13flo: Yes, should work.
Have you checked that the plugin works with normal AS3 Project?
Is plugin visible on plugin list in Tools -> Program Settings?
Which version of FD (# build) you have?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

Ok I just had to enable the plugin in the Program Settings panel and it worked (with AIR).
Sorry I'm not very familiar with plugins.

Thank you!

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

It seems it not work with AIR project. I just compile my AIR mobile project (with telemetry enabled), install application on my Android tablet and try check it with Scout (with Scout companion) and there isn't info on ActionScript panel(says: to use this panel compile your application with advanced telemetry option) Any ideas?

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:50 pm

@gonzos978: Adobe Scout on desktop, Session Info tab -> Telemetry, which options are show as Enabled?

AT tag is injected to SWF after "Build Complete" - you should see the message in output panel: "Advanced Telemetry Enabled".
When you select/unselect "AT Enable", you must always rebuild your project before applications packaging.

I've tested Air Mobile AS3 App + Scout companion on my HTC One X and it works well.
I've tested with: Run.bat -> android-debug / android-test and PackageApp.bat: normal (apk) / debu (debug-apk).

To be 100% sure that plugin works (AT tag injected):

- download and install SWFInvestigator http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/swfinvestigator/
- after build complete, drag your main swf file to SWFInvestigator
- check whether there is a tag 'null' (type 93) somewhere below 'Metadata' or 'FileAttributes' in TAG Viewer tab, (SWFInvestigator does not recognize AT tag and set it's name as a 'null')

After packaging your app, use 7-Zip to unpack your main swf from apk and check with SWFInvestigator.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:04 am
Profile WWW

Same problem here.

I see "Advanced Telemetry Enabled" in the FD output tab after I build, then I run the swf and see the frames running in Scout but when I click any frame I don't see any actionscript info.

Here is how it looks in scout :

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Yes, it same as mine. In swf investigator shows null (like u said). But image is same as above.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm

I removed the default password in FD and now it works for me.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

If you set the password in the FD, you should also set same in Scout to show Advanced Telemetry data.
(Scout -> Edit -> Preferences -> Password to unlock protected SWF)
Otherwise (without password in Scout), Scout will always show the basic data, like if AT was disabled.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next