View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
iPhone Template 

Since Apple relaxed their rules I have been looking for an iPhone template for FD3. I stumbled across one on a German blog: http://blubl.geoathome.at/2010/09/flash ... or-iphone/

I used google translate to get the page into English, but really all you need to do is download and install the template. He includes instructions in English in the template itself.

He created a .bat file which run the PFI application on the command line for you after you change a couple of values in the .bat file itself. I used and tested it last night and got an app running on my phone in about 3 hours. Most of that time was going through all the Apple crap to get my certificates, etc. There was a bug in the original version that would make it so the loading screen was not in the right place -- the author has since updated the file so it should work fine now.

Anyway I hope others find this as useful as I have. If you do go give the guy some thanks at his blog.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks for this!

Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:14 pm

This is good stuff. I can create my AIR application and then package it all up into a IPA file. But when I bring it to iTunes, it gives me an error saying -

Quote:
The application "MyIPhoneAIRApp" was not installed on the iPod "iPod Touch" because the entitlements are not valid.

I assume this means I stuffed up the certificate stuff, but not sure where I went wrong. Would you be able to describe what you went through with your certificates? Did you use a Mac at all? I have a Apple developer account, and develop iPhone apps on a Mac with my certificate no worries, but can't seem to get this working. I am using the latest FlashDevelop, on WinXP, with the latest Flex4 SDK (with the iPhone packager).

Thanks

Adam

Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Ok I got it working. My main hiccup was not the certificates. It was that my application id/package had to match the package in the certificate. You can configure the application id in the application.xml file in the root of your project created with this template.

From Adobe "Setting iPhone application properties in the application descriptor file" docs:

Quote:
If the provisioning file is tied to a specific app ID, use that app ID in this element. Disregard the characters Apple assigns at the start of the Apple app ID (known as the bundle seed ID). For example, if the app ID for the provisioning profile is 96LPVWEASL.com.example.bob.myApp, use com.example.bob.myApp as the app ID in the application descriptor file.

Cheers

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]