View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Better Macros documentation? 

Hey guys,

I was hoping to whip up a couple macros this morning to help myself out a bit and possibly just learn something new, but I have to admit that I am baffled by even the most basic task in the Macros editor.

I am wondering if there is a full list of commands anywhere?
I checked out the documentation here:
http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/in ... tle=Macros

But it doesn't give much info aside from the 9 commands laid out at the top...

For example, it says under "Basics" that you can do Cut/Copy/Paste operations, but I cannot for the life of me figure out to actually make it process any of those commands.

Even just trying to write a macro that does nothing else than cut the selected text is yielding no results. I tried:
Cut
Edit|Cut
Cut;$(SelText)
Edit|Cut;$(SelText)

,and nothing works. I also tried a number of the commands under "Selection" and couldn't get anything to work there either. I would be happy to help touch up the documentation to be more clear and specific if I could just find a list of what the commands actually are. I also checked out MainForm.cs as the notes said to do, but I couldn't find anything helpful (it's an incredibly long document). Is there any actual reference to what the full syntax for Macro editing is supposed to be?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:28 pm
Admin

If you wish to use these commands you need to call them like this: ScintillaCommand|Cut

I added a small description to the docs how to use these basic Scintilla control commands.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 am
Profile WWW

Beautiful, thank you very much for that! That single line in the documentation makes a world of difference.

Much appreciated!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Thank you! I was having a similar problem as I am new to creating macros. I was trying to make simple macros like copy, cut and paste.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]