View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Solution to ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Code Signing." 

I am running FlashDevelop 4.6.4.1, with FlexSDK 4.13 and AIR SDK 15.0.302. I installed the FlexSDK and AIR SDK with the Apache Flex installation binary on a Windows Vista 64-bit machine.

I can build and run an ad-hoc version of my iOS app on an iPhone 4 (iOS 8.0.2) and iPad 2 (iOS 8.1). When I build a release version for the iTunes App Store, and submit it with the Xcode Application Loader. I get the error.

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable, Payload/YourApp.app/YourApp, must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile."

I'm using a Mac to submit my app. It is running OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Xcode version 6.1. The Application Loader is version 3.0.

I suspect that the adt command no longer creates a payload with the correct entitlements. This post illustrates how I resigned my app so that the iTunes App Store would accept it.

First, I copied my IPA file to my iMac. Then I changed directories to the location of my IPA file.

Open a text editor and create a file with the name, entitlements.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>application-identifier</key>
<string>XAXAXAXAXA.com.yourapp.yourappmobile</string>
<key>get-task-allow</key>
<false/>
<key>keychain-access-groups</key>
<array>
<string>XAXAXAXAXA.com.yourapp.yourappmobile</string>
</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Save this file.

Start a terminal session. Then type in the following commands.

unzip YourApp-app-store.ipa

cp ~/Downloads/YourApp.mobileprovision Payload/YourApp.app/embedded.mobileprovision

codesign -f -s "iPhone Distribution: YOUR COMPANY NAME (XAXAXAXAXA)" --entitlements Payload/YourApp.app/entitlements.plist Payload/YourApp.app

zip -qry YourApp-resigned.ipa Payload/

Note that codesign uses the full key name of your code signing certificate.

Now you can submit YourApp-resigned.ipa to the iTunes App Store.

I've seen some people have success with the iReSign App, which you can find at the following URL. I prefer the command line.

https://github.com/maciekish/iReSign

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]