View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
AIR Packager: adt doesn't appear to do anything 

Heya,

FD 4.0.1 RTM

I made a basic project ("AIR Mobile AS3 app" template), made a cert, did all that. When I run PackageApp.bat, it works fine with no errors, but the "adt" call appears to do nothing.

I package for target 1, 2, or 3 - it generates the .APK, outputs "Packaging:" and the "Using Certificate:" lines, then two blank lines, then the batch file has ended.

No apparent errors in the ADT calls, I tried echoing the call out and it doesn't have any obvious errors. Any idea what's going on?

(I've got an Android Nexus One in debug mode plugged into the computer with drivers installed)

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Turns out this was just a language/miscommunication error. :(

AIR_Android_Readme.txt :

Quote:
6. Running/debugging the application on the device:

6.a. Build/Debug directly on device
- edit 'Run.bat' and change the run target 'goto desktop' by 'goto android-debug'
- build & run as usual (Ctrl+Enter or F5) to package, install & run the application on your device

6.b. Debug occasionally on device
- Debug-build from FlashDevelop (F8)
- run 'PackageApp.bat' to package and install a debug version of the application
- start FlashDevelop debugger: Debug > Start Remote Session
- start the application on device
- the application should connect to FlashDevelop interactive debugger as usual

As the compiler in my head was parsing this, I read "6.a Build directly on the device." Nope, I don't want to build ON the device, I want to build ON my desktop and push it to my device!

So I skipped ahead to 6.B and started using that instead. I didn't understand that the "... and Install it on your device" line was intended for *me* to do, and it wouldn't happen automatically.

Turns out "run.bat" was all I ever needed :) Maybe a quick language change in the text file will avoid confusion for others? Or maybe I'm a beautiful and unique dummy. :)

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]