View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Android SDK 

I'm recently new to Android development and I've come across a problem I am not sure on how to fix. I wish to use Google's Map API to display a map of where the user is by getting their latitude and longitude co-ordinates from the devices GPS. I'm fairly sure on how to do this but I cannot use any Android classes in my action script file. If I try to import any Android classes I get this error: "Error: Definition android.location:LocationManager could not be found.".

I've installed the Android SDK but I'm guessing I may have done something wrong. All the directories are correct, I think I just don't have the library but I'm unsure. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:23 pm
Admin

Are you sure you're in the right forum?

As far as AIR Mobile is concerned you can't use Java directly, and even with AIR Native Extensions you won't be able to use the Android map inside AIR.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

I'm not using Java, I'm using AS3. I can already load a Google map with a pre-defined co-ordinate.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:07 pm
Admin

Well then you should give much more information about your project and your code.

And if you have an AS3 problem this forum isn't the best place to ask: it's about FlashDevelop support.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]