View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
FRESteamworks linking to Steam API issues 

Hey guys, I'm currently trying to get the Steam API working with my Flash game and I can't seem to link the API with FRESteamworks properly. There's virtually no tutorials on setting this up so I've had to do nearly everything blind thus far.

This is what they say to do for packaging AIR applications: "For packaged builds, you'll simply have to include the native Steamworks libraries in the top level of your build and add the path to a directory containing the FRESteamWorks.ane as -extdir to adt. For an example, see the test application's packaging script."

So I was able to do the second part properly, where -extdir is in my Packager batch file, but when I include the Steamworks libraries in my packaged game it doesn't get the right values for functions that I attempt to call. For instance, getUserID and getAppId both return 0 instead of what they should return. This tells me that FRESteamworks isn't actually "linked" to the Steamworks libraries, and I have no clue how to get it linked up.

Is there anyone whose set this up properly that might be able to shed some light on this?

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]