View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Troubles when trying to submit iOS app to app store 

Hi y'all,

I built a little app with Flashdevelop (my favourite tool for coding Flash since I started working with it 8 years ago) and would like to submit it to Apple's app store (an app has been created there, the status is currently waiting for upload) I've tested it on multiple devices and the app itself works fine, but when trying to upload the .ipa file via Application Loader, I get the following error:
Quote:
Application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone distribution certificate.

Here's what I did so far. I've

1. [MAC] created and downloaded my iOS certificates / provisioning profiles (ios_development.cer and ios_distribution.cer / dev.mobileprovision and dist.mobileprovision) (created all of them from scratch) from Apple's Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles site,
  2. [MAC] created .p12 files based on them on my Mac,
  3. [PC] put those .p12 files into the /cert folder, and
  4. [PC] modified bat/SetupApplication.bat to use the two different .p12 files for development and distribution, and to use the provisionig profile (dev.mobileprovision) I've also downloaded from Apple's site.
  5. [MAC] I've also double-clicked the provisioning profiles in finder to add them to XCode organizer, they're valid.
  6. [PC] Just for being exact, I've also changed application.xml (app id = what I've defined on Apple's app submission site, version number = what I've entered there as well).
  7. [PC] Built the project (release), ran PackageApp.bat - choice = 9 (App Store),
  8. [PC] With my iPhone connected, the app was successfully installed on the device after the packaging was done.
  9. [MAC] Tried to submit the resulting ipa (rem-app-store.ipa) to the App Store via Application Loader, which resulted in the error described above.

Could this have sth. to do with the fact that there value of "Team" when displaying my provisioning profiles is "Unknown"? See here:

Any help would be highly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
- Stephan

Last edited by skizzoat on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm
Admin

Maybe check the submission instruction:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/ ... urApp.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011375-CH7-SW1

Another blog post that may help:
http://blog.nngafook.com/2013/03/packag ... s-kind-of/

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:40 am
Profile WWW

Thanks, but if I had found any solution to my problem by using google, I wouldn't have created a topic in this forum in the first place :wink:

Philippe wrote:
Maybe check the submission instruction:
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/ ... urApp.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40011375-CH7-SW1

As I pointed out in my original post, I've done exactly that. But since I don't create the archive via XCode but with FlashDevelop/ADT, the last thing I've done on this list is dragging the provisioning profile(s) into my XCode organizer window. I think this is part of the problem: I create the archive on windows/FlashDevelop without my registered iPhone connected, but in Apple's guidelines they say:
Apple App Store Submission Tutorial wrote:
Note: You cannot create an archive of a simulator build.

Philippe wrote:

Since I am able to create the .p12 files using my mac (as I also wrote in my original post) this is not neccessary, right?

Any other ideas? I mean, creating an archive via FlashDevelop that can be used for submitting it to an app store is a really important issue, what sense would developing mobile apps have if this doesn't work? In other words: Has anyone using only FlashDevelop ever been able to submit an app to the app store?

Sorry, but I'm pretty frustrated right now :?

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:38 pm
Admin

FD just calls ADT to package the app - there's no magic, it's all in bat/Packager.bat.

But there are many many ways to get it wrong:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4873763

Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:28 pm
Profile WWW

I created an account just to post this solution, because it seems we ran into exactly the same issue, and the solution is so weird, that you ll have to see it working to believe it.
It seems like you you posted this some months ago, so i do not know if you perhaps solved it by now. It just might save a lot of effort for another desperate googeler, since I spent the last three days trying to fix this.

Basically the solution i found working is the one from here:
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4873763

here is how it goes, starting from your point 8:
    8. [PC] Make sure that you add the ios_development.cer and the ios_distribution.cer to your windows Personal Certificate Store by double clicking on it. Then build your application with the PackageApp.bat using option 9 (app store) . This .ipa should not be able to be run in your phone (greyed out), since you are using a distribution certificate that ll only allow the .ipa to come from the itunes store
    10. [PC] put YourApplication.ipa on a thumb drive, and rename it to YourApplication.zip
    11. [MAC] Unzip the zip file, the zip the resulting folder again, then change the extension back to .ipa. If you did it well, you should be able to load the app in itunes
    12. [MAC] Now submit the app to the app store using Application Loader. If you did it well, all lights should go green and you ll pass codesigning verification.

There, I hope this helped you or any other Flash Develop user with submitting apps to the app store. I do love working with both Flashdevelop and iDecives, but Apple sure is making you jump through irrational hoops in order to get to where you want to be.

My app is waiting for approval now, fingers crossed. Best of luck with your endeavours!

Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:08 pm

TypingMonkey, thanks so much for your tip - it worked perfectly the way you described it! My app is also waiting for review now :)

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]