View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Incredibly impressed. 

I started getting into Flash development a few weeks ago (first making an RTMP video player component for work, and more recently getting into Flixel game creation as a hobby), and I downloaded FlashDevelop yesterday. I just wanted to take the time to post here and say wow, and thanks.

I've been programming for over 15 years (professionally for the last 5), and FlashDevelop is easily one of the best IDEs I've ever used. I'm generally a text editor and commandline kind of guy, but I'm blown away by FlashDevelop. Everything's super easy and intuitive, and I keep finding little features that wow me.

I was using Adobe's 30 day Flash CS5 trial for the last month, but I have to say that FD is streets ahead of Adobe's own offering. So, thanks to everyone who works on it for creating such a brilliant tool. I'm excited to keep using it!

My only foible would be that I use a Mac at home 99% of the time, so it's a pity I have to run FlashDevelop in a VM - but I guess you can't win them all! :)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 pm
Admin

Yeah we have Microsoft shares so we want people to install Windows even on their Macs ;)

Thanks for the kind words - we build FD as we want to use it.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]