View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Suggestion - Need a normal Ctrl + Tab behaviour 

Hi All,

First off, brilliant job on this code editor. FlashDevelop is fantastic. I have used FlexBuilder (haven't gotten any chance of using FlashBuilder or FDT yet) but I have found FlashDevelop to be more fast and easy.

I have one little suggestion. I am sorry if it sounds stupid but it really annoys me sometimes. When I have 10s of classes opened in the editor and I start navigating b/w them using Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab, it really pisses me off when FlashDevelop leads me to the last-edited file. I would really love to get this out of my way if I had the option to choose as I feel I would navigate much quickly if I know the navigation order. I hope you understand my point or if I have missed anything (and I am sounding like a fool); please guide me.

I would really love that if FlashDevelop would forget the last-visited-file and would just allow me to normally navigate through the files as in moving right-hand side when Ctrl+Tab is used and left when Ctrl+Shift+Tab is pressed just like in any other application/IDE where multiple files can be opened.

Thanks,
Tahir.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:41 am

First of all, you can use CTRL+PageDown and CTRL+PageUp to do this.

You can turn the option for tabs to work the way you want in the settings. ("Use Sequential Tabbing").

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 am

Aahh I see that !! Thanks so much. It saves me so much time.

- Tahir.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:21 am

Ok, and how about jumping between two sets of tabs? Like you have divided the screen to two, you have multiple tabs on either side, and you would like to use ctrl+tab to always jump between the open tabs of those two "windows". Then, use ctrl+pageup/pagedown to move within that selection.

That's how it works in Visual Studio, and that's how I'm and other C++/C# devs are probably used to. Besides being used to, I think that it just makes sense, and is a good practical way of moving between tabs.

I know that FD supports dividing the screen to three/four, and also vertical division, so perhaps this could be implemented just as "move the focus to the actually visible tab of the next/previous division". Small thing, but would really add to the usability.

Right now I'm constantly fithing with tab order and what's visible, and often have to take hands from keyboard to mouse, which is slow and interupting.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]